EA Financial Report Show That People Love FIFA, Sims, and Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Financial Report Show That People Love FIFA, Sims, and Cards

EA released their financial reports for the first quarter of the 2018 fiscal year today. I won't bore you with some of the mundane stuff, but I will share with you the "highlights and metrics" portion of the report.
    • Digital net sales of $3.147 billion for the trailing-twelve-month period represents 63% of total net sales, up 23% year-over-year.
    • Ultimate Team total unique player population grew 11% year-over-year.
    • Battlefield 1 had more than 21 million players joining the game as of quarter end.
    • Monthly active players for The Sims 4 on PC increased more than 20% year-over-year.
    • FIFA Mobile unique player base grew to more than 95 million.
    • Since launching its first season, NBA LIVE Mobile has engaged more than 70 million unique users.

Some things to take away from those factoids above.
    1. Ultimate Team continues to be an absolutely massive thing for EA. Fans are just eating it up left and right. Digital card collecting (and team building) is so hot right now.
    2. The bit about Battlefield 1 seems a bit too vague to make any concrete statement. They say that they had 21 million players joining the game but it doesn't say that they had sold 21 million units. Does that figure also include beta players or is it an actual sales number? It's just something to maybe keep in the back of your mind.
    3. The Sims 4 was recently added to the Vault for Origin Access. We do not know how many people have Origin Access out there, nor do we know how many of those people fired up The Sims 4. I have to assume that these players may account for a portion of that 20% increase but not the whole thing.
    4. EA's mobile division absolutely crushed it this year. The fact that the two mobile titles listed have a combined player base of 165 million people is nothing to sneeze at.

If you want, you can read the report for yourself at EA.com.
Working...
X