Dan Harmon and Game Grumps Creating Esports Comedy for YouTube Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Harmon and Game Grumps Creating Esports Comedy for YouTube Red

Good Game is a new scripted comedy series from Dan Harmon. Harmon you may recognize for his work in creating shows like Community and Rick & Morty. Maybe you've heard of those? Good Game focuses on the world of esports. Perhaps you've heard of it? Good Game stars both Dan Avidan and Arin Hanson from the Game Grumps. Mayhaps you've heard of them? You're also looking to see Michele Morrow, Michael Ornstein, Rahul Abburi, Jade Payton, and Oliver Cooper.
    The worlds of eSports and comedy collide this Summer in GOOD GAME, a hilarious new scripted series from YouTube Red and Starburns Industries, Dan Harmon’s Emmy Award-winning production company. The six-episode series follows a newly formed team of eSports players trying to make it to the top in the cutthroat world of competitive gaming. GOOD GAME, created with the millions of passionate gaming and eSports fans on YouTube in mind, will debut exclusively on YouTube Red on August 30, 2017.

GOOD GAME, “The Bad News Bears” of the eSports world, stars the Game Grumps’ Dan Avidan as “Alex,” the team’s unorthodox team manager, Arin Hanson as “Ryland,” the star team player, and Michele Morrow as “Ash,” an industry insider turned teammate. Michael Ornstein (“Sons of Anarchy,” “Mob City”), Rahul Abburi, Jade Payton and Oliver Cooper ("Californication," "Red Oaks") round out the cast.

The series was created by eSports industry and gaming professionals Michele Morrow and Jesse Cox, and executive produced by Starburns’ Dan Harmon (“Community” and “Rick & Morty”), Michael Waldron, Steve Levy and Jen Roskind, and Game Grumps’ Arin Hanson and Brent Lilley. Michele Morrow and Jesse Cox also serve as executive producers. Writing the series are showrunners Sarah Carbiener and Erica Rosbe (“Rick & Morty”), who also serve as executive producers. The series was co-executive produced by Antranig Balian and directed by Danny Jelinek (“Last Week Tonight with John Oliver,” “Childrens Hospital” and “Comedy Bang! Bang!”).

With over 4.3 million subscribers and more than 3.1 billion views, Game Grumps is the fourth largest YouTube gaming channel in North America. Launched in July 2012, hosts Arin Hanson and Dan Avidan are known for doing their own unique version of “Let’s Play" videos, providing colorful commentary while playing a variety of classic video games.

Yep, it's a YouTube Red series. However, as someone that's had YouTube Red for many months now, I'd say it's worth it. You don't have to see ads (especially useful if you watch on mobile or on consoles on a regular basis), plus you have access to Google Play Music. They aren't paying me to say this, I just really like YouTube Red (even if I've never used it to watch YouTube Red exclusive shows).
Working...
X