Desura Parent Company Bad Juju Files for Bankruptcy Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desura Parent Company Bad Juju Files for Bankruptcy Protection

According to a report from Gamasutra, Bad Juju has filed for bankruptcy protection. If that name doesn't sound familiar, perhaps you may better know them for Desura and Indie Royale, two companies owned by Bad Juju. Desura has been a fairly major player in selling and distributing Indie titles over these past 6 or so years.
    Lisa Morrison, head of developer relations for Bad Juju issued the following remarks to Gamasutra:
    "I asked Tony [Novak, CEO of Bad Juju] for confirmation and all he could tell me was, 'The lawyers have said I can't say anything or answer any questions yet, but yes it's true.'"

I'm just shocked right now...stunned,” she said. “I had no idea this was coming."

Morrison just found out about the bankruptcy on Friday morning via Twitter. This unfortunate news also comes after many signs pointed towards this inevitable outcome. Many reports about Bad Juju claimed that the company would often fail to pay developers unless they were pressured to do so.

The Indie Stone, the studio behind Project Zomboid strongly recommends redeeming their Desura bought Steam keys for the game "as soon as possible."
Working...
X