The Witcher 3 Probably Won't be 1080p on Consoles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witcher 3 Probably Won't be 1080p on Consoles

In an interview with CD Projekt RED's Visual Effect Artist, Jose Teixeira, it was revealed that the console versions of The Witcher 3 probably won't hit that coveted 1080p mark.
    Ideally, we’re pushing for 30 frames per second. The resolution, honestly, it depends; we’re working on it, we’re trying to get it as high as possible. If we can make it at 1080P, sure, but I don’t know if it’s going to make it. To be honest, I really don’t know. Probably not. But for sure, we need it to run at a smooth frame rate, so at least 30 FPS.

We’re doing optimization right now and I have to say, it’s actually running quite well. To be honest, we were expecting a lot worse. When we first started playing on PS4 and XB1, we expected the game not to work at all, because it was so heavy, so we were expeciting it to crash, but it’s actually running. It’s not quite there yet, but it’s running. So I think that with a little more optimization, I think we’ll get it running really well.

At E3, the studio said that they had the game running at 1080p on the PlayStation 4 and 900p on the Xbox One. Presumably the PS4 isn't capable of running at a stable framerate at that resolution either.
Working...
X