Cliff Bleszinski Talked About BlueStreak on Reddit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliff Bleszinski Talked About BlueStreak on Reddit

Cliff Bleszinski took to Reddit yesterday to answer some questions on his new company, Boss Key Productions, and his new game, currently codenamed BlueStreak. Some of the topics hit upon were whether or not the game would be pay-to-win, how it would handle microtransactions, why he went with Nexon as the publisher and much more.

Here are just a few snippets.
    Microtransaction plans?
    "The #1 question that comes up in Free to Play every time.

Honest answer: I'm not sure, and it's entirely too easy to tell or make the call. Free to Play is one of those genres that means something entirely different depending on the game. For every model that feels like Las Vegas methods (Zynga, Candy Crush) there's folks who do it right, like League of Legends, or WarFrame.

I've never shipped a Free to Play game before. That's one of the MANY reasons why we're going with Nexon, they can provide server structures and a global peek into gamers of all types and guide us into a game that's more "Shut up and take my money" as opposed to "shaking you down for your hard earned cash."

So we'll experiment, tweak, tune, and most importantly, build a positive community around the game as we develop it."

What engine will you be using?
    "My former employers and old co workers seem pretty excited about our considering Unreal Engine 4.

It's wide open right now what tech we'd use."

Which version of you is returning to the industry? By that I mean, are we getting CliffyB who was fun, made awesome shit, and was to me -- an industry hero, or Cliff Bleszinski who defends business practices that myself any many others think are immoral.
    "I've talked a lot of shit the last two years online, admittedly, in an attempt to educate the gaming public on how this business actually works. Many of those studios/businesses are trying to keep the lights on by any means necessary, they don't feed on the souls of anguished gamers. I was probably mentally prepping myself for being the one who is going to be responsible for keeping the lights on.

Part of it was also not being held own by PR folks and being able to say a lot of what I really thought about the industry. Did I go a bit overboard? Probably."

There is plenty more where that came from, so be sure to hit up the Reddit AMA from CliffyB to see if your most pressing question was answered.
Working...
X