Dark Souls II Out Now for PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Souls II Out Now for PC

The PC version of Dark Souls II is here and ready to be played. The game is actually being released ahead of its scheduled release tomorrow.
    The PC version of Dark Souls II will take players on a journey through a devastated world where death and despair lurk around every corner; only those who posses strong-will and cunning will survive to achieve glory. Dark Souls II delivers a constant threat of death from bloodthirsty enemies and hellacious bosses as players face soul-crushing challenges throughout the game.

Already having earned the adulation of game critics and fans with the PlayStation®3 (91 Metacritic score) and Xbox 360 (92 Metacritic score) versions of Dark Souls II; this latest version of the game will harness the power of the PC platform and give PC fans the opportunity to further immerse themselves into the richly designed yet unforgiving Dark Souls II world through increased texture resolution and enhanced frame rates. Lastly, Dark Souls II on PC will also support both gamepads and mouse-and-keyboard control options.

“FromSoftware has taken the time and great care to deliver Dark Souls II for PC at the level that PC fans expect.” said Chris Gilbert, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. “We’re looking forward to fans enjoying the PC version’s upgraded graphical fidelity and its increased frame rates that is sure to deliver an extra visceral punch and open a new dimension to the great gameplay contained in Dark Souls II.”

Now, there is a review planned for the PC version of the game but due to some technical issues with the review key, I wasn't able to get started on playing this game until last night. And then the embargo date was moved up when the release date was changed. So, I hope to have the review ready for early next week.

I will say that the PC version of the game is a huge step up from what was presented in the un-modded version of Dark Souls. The visual options you would expect are there, including some nice bonuses that you may not expect (resolution downsampling, auto adjustment of settings to maintain 60fps while gaming, etc.). The mouse and keyboard isn't as clunky as it was in the first game but a controller is still preferred. That leads me into my next announcement here.

Having never played Demons Souls and only playing through the first half of hours of Dark Souls, I had the super dumb idea to do a full, blind let's play of Dark Souls II. The first part is currently encoding as I type. It went from a planned 20-25 minute long video to being nearer to an hour in length. This could very well end up being the biggest train wreck series I've ever done. As a result, I'm sure all of you will love it.
Working...
X