Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed Running Marathon - Awesome Games Done Quick 2014 - Underway to Raise Money for Charity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Running Marathon - Awesome Games Done Quick 2014 - Underway to Raise Money for Charity

Like watching people play games? Like watching people play games really fast and really well? Like helping out charity?

If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, you need to tune into Awesome Games Done Quick 2014. This annual event is again raising money for charity by playing through a bunch of games as fast as possible. These are some of the world's best speedrunners here in one location, brought together to help raise money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. They will literally be playing games for days on end.

Sure, you can watch the stream above, but the meat and potatoes of this event can be found at the AGDQ 2014 website. The website contains information about the charity, two different chats to partake in, and a schedule of upcoming games.

Included once again this year is a block of "Awful Games Done Quick", which include such hits as Garfield: A Week of Garfield, Zoo Race, and many more. New this year (at least as far as I'm aware) is a mini block dedicated to TAS (tool-assisted speedruns) run titles. The TAS games include Gradius, Mario Kart 64 Special Cup, and more. That mini block begins tonight at 8:47PM (ET).

Really, be sure to check out the schedule because there is something there that everyone will enjoy. I've already got a few games added to my calendar for the sake of reminders including Metal Gear Solid (Tuesday at 2:25AM), Dishonored (4:35AM on Friday), the Half-Life and Portal block which begins at 6:15PM on Thursday, and like... 20+ other games. I'll still have it on in the background regardless and so should you.
Working...
X