Battlefield 4 Launching with 10 Maps and 7 Game Modes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 Launching with 10 Maps and 7 Game Modes

When Battlefield 4 is released on October 29, expect it to come packed with seven different game modes and ten maps for multiplayer. Most of the game modes you probably already know about. The two new ones are Obliteration and Defuse.
    "The mission: To pick up the bomb and arm it at one of the enemy's three military installations and blow it up. When the bomb has detonated, a new bomb spawns in a random location, and the race is on again. The first team to destroy all three objectives wins."

That is for Obliteration. What's Defuse? It's kind of a mystery still. DICE says it's an "even tighter and quicker infantry-only game mode" where players don't have any respawns at all. If you ask me, it kind of sounds like Counter-Strike's bomb defusal game type or even the Search and Destroy mode from the Call of Duty series.

I think when you have to many different game types it fragments the community.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
      It will do in the beginning but after 2 weeks i can guarantee maybe only 3 of those 7 game types will be in major rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
        I agree. There are SOOOO many empty servers on a number of the game modes. I don't get to play the ones I like because of that. Some are so redundant as well, like Team DM vs. Squad DM and Rush vs. Squad Rush

I also heard Diffuse is CS/CoD style planting the bomb. When you die you get to wait until the round is over. That is one game mode I think should be included anyway. Its popular and also a good eSports mode.

Obliteration...meh. Going to be like capture the flag where you have a couple people defending and most running around crazy-like. Everyone seems so excited about it, but I just didn't see the appeal.

BUT, DICE doesnt ask me, so whatever. I hope that any future game modes that may come out of DLC is included across all maps and not just the DLC maps.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I think, just as the case was with BF3, I can only see myself sticking to Conquest mode. I may dabble in some Rush as well, but on some maps that mode was just so horribly imbalanced it wasn't enjoyable in the slightest.

It's really dumb that they aren't including Capture the Flag or Gunmaster here. Is that just going to be delegated to DLC packs yet again?

Comment

I didnt really like the CTF maps. They were so straight and there were a lot of vehicles so if you played on a small sized server it was vehicle warfare and if you played on a large server it become a stalemate where the timer ran down.

The weapon choices in gunmaster was terrible. Made the game mode not really all that fun. Very few servers changed the weapons around after DICE implemented the option.

I really liked scavenger, but that is one of the game modes that is pretty much dead. Only a few servers run it.

Air superiority was awful. Everyone going in circles and blind siding you. Getting stuck in the ceiling easily with the dog fights. Just didn't work out. A lot of empty servers have it though.

Im sure DICE has some spreadsheets showing how everything I said is entirely false and blah blah blah, but you look at the servers and what is available and that doesn't lie either.
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
              I didnt really like the CTF maps. They were so straight and there were a lot of vehicles so if you played on a small sized server it was vehicle warfare and if you played on a large server it become a stalemate where the timer ran down.

The weapon choices in gunmaster was terrible. Made the game mode not really all that fun. Very few servers changed the weapons around after DICE implemented the option.

I really liked scavenger, but that is one of the game modes that is pretty much dead. Only a few servers run it.

Air superiority was awful. Everyone going in circles and blind siding you. Getting stuck in the ceiling easily with the dog fights. Just didn't work out. A lot of empty servers have it though.

Im sure DICE has some spreadsheets showing how everything I said is entirely false and blah blah blah, but you look at the servers and what is available and that doesn't lie either.
              Actually, I think they'd try to downplay you but take you aside later and say "You're absolutely right, but we can't tell the community that they are a bunch of one dimensional hacks"

Comment

Working...
              X