'Sales Have Been Great' for the Nvidia Shield So Says the Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Sales Have Been Great' for the Nvidia Shield So Says the Company

Despite a dip in revenues and income for the second quarter, Nvidia is optimistic for a turnaround in the wake of supposedly strong sales of their Nvidia Shield.

Chris Evenden, the Senior Director of Investor Relations for Nvidia says that sales of the mobile device "have been great."
    "Sales have been great. Everything that we shipped so far has sold out and - but we're just starting to ramp production. We've shipped out to our partners only several thousand units, and so it's still quite early to tell. But we're expecting to do quite well with Shield."

I guess this begs the question: Have you, or has anyone you know, purchased a $300 Nvidia Shield? Do you plan on picking one up?

what? I didn't even knew they were out already

Comment

A friend of mine ordered one; I'm waiting to see how it works out. I'll wait until it drops to the $200 mark to think about it.

Comment

Interesting gadget, i just don't really know what it's for.

Comment

Yes, I'll be honest, I still do not understand what is its purpose exactly

Comment

It lets you play games from your desktop via streaming. So you can stream BF3 to this thing and play it while taking a dump.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

yeah, but it's just about streaming right? you can't run games on the thing

Comment

Working...
              X