Free Xbox 360 Games Arrive on 1st and 16th of the Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Xbox 360 Games Arrive on 1st and 16th of the Month

If you're an Xbox Live Gold subscriber, you are probably wondering when you'll get those free games for the Xbox 360 that Microsoft promised. You know, those two free games a month for every month leading up to the Xbox One's release in November? Microsoft has decided that the free games will arrive on the 1st and 16th of each month.

The first games were already revealed to be Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2. Fable 3 was already released as a free title for Xbox Live Gold members a few weeks ago.
    "As our way of saying thanks for being part of this community, we're giving all qualifying Gold members two free Xbox 360 games each month for the rest of the year. "Each specially selected, fan-favorite game will be available to download only for a limited time, so grab them before they're gone and keep them no matter what."

Hold on here. Did I just read that the games "will be available to download only for a limited time?" So, what happens if you add them to your account and don't download them? What if you have to get a new hard drive or something, are they just gone for good then? Talk about horrible wording. Even when Microsoft tries being nice, something still manages to get screwed up along the way.

(via Xbox)

The thing i find stupid about this is that 80% of xbox owners will either already own or already have played both those games.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
      The thing i find stupid about this is that 80% of xbox owners will either already own or already have played both those games.
      True, but you can almost make the same argument for the free games that Sony offers on PlayStation Plus. Almost. From looking at it, it does seem as though the PS+ offerings are for more recent titles than those released two years ago like Halo 3 and AC2.

Comment

Working...
      X