Battlefield 4 Alpha Begins Today and You Aren't Invited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 Alpha Begins Today and You Aren't Invited

And neither am I. Yes, the "Alpha Trial" phase of Battlefield 4 officially kicks off today and will run for two weeks. Players can test each day from 9:00 AM (PDT) to 3:00 PM (PDT).

Apparently, people were selected who were "highly dedicated Battlefield player(s)." Weird. It also had a lot to do with whether or not you signed up for the Battlefield newsletter. So if you're someone who doesn't like to be spammed, you're probably SOL when it comes to this alpha.

The invite says that there are a ton of things still unfinished in the game and most areas will be "white-boxed" and not include most level textures. It also states that those in the alpha are not allowed to publicly post information, images, or videos from the game. I have a feeling that sending out "random" invites to the Battlefield community probably isn't the best idea if you don't want information, videos, or images leaked.

Interestingly enough, the alpha invite email also included some system requirements. These requirements may very well change before the game's final release however.

Battlefield 4 Alpha System Requirements

Windows 8 not supported
    64-bit versions of Windows only (32-bit not supported)

GPU: DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 GPU with over 1GB of VRAM
    DirectX 11 is highly recommended

HDD: 25GB free HDD space

Requires latest version of Origin

Hold the phone here. They're supporting Vista 64-bit for this and not Windows 8? Did I drink the Kool-Aid or something? Did they drink the Kool-Aid? What is going on? Where am I?!

Anyway, here's the invite in case you wanted to know what you should be on the lookout for in your Inbox. Alternatively, you can fire up Origin and be disappointed that way instead.

A lot of people have received their letter but still do not have access through Origin. This is making many angry.

Also, a lot of people are claiming to be in the alpha and giving false information because they are not actually in it.

WTG Internet!
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I fully expect to see no fewer than 50 different videos by tomorrow from the alpha that people are not supposed to talk about. Which would be precisely the reason why EA and DICE should have contacted people who have tested before or talked to those in the industry that actually know what NDA's entail.

Comment

I always have the worst luck when it comes to being a veteran of a certain video game. Here's hoping I get my invitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Zips View Post
          Battlefield 4 Alpha System Requirements

[indent]OS: Vista SP2, Windows 7
          Windows 8 not supported
          64-bit versions of Windows only (32-bit not supported)
          I'm surprised we are not seeing a lot of outrage about this.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I imagine that the full Commander role will not be a part of the Alpha as we have seen in the trailer that it could be done via a tablet as they only support W8.

Besides I couldnĀ“t care less. I have a daytime job. Let the ones who care about developing the game have a chance not some random selection of players.

Comment

I can neither confirm nor deny my involvement in said Alpha.

Comment

I'm not concerned with the system requirements of an Alpha, I'm concerned with the system requirements of a final product.

Comment

Working...
                X