PSA: The War Z is 75% Off This Weekend on Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: The War Z is 75% Off This Weekend on Steam

The War Z, not to be confused with the game that's actually good, DayZ, has a 75% off sale this weekend on Steam.

You too can bash a Zeds head in repeatedly until they finally die 10 minutes later only to then be killed by a human enemy five seconds later. The 75% off sale ends on Monday. The 75% off sale means you can get The War Z for just $3.74 (USD), which is still probably too expensive for most people looking for a good open world zombie survival title.

You can purchase it for yourself and give it a whirl. Who knows, maybe they fixed the hell out of that game since I last put my review up. I don't really care enough to go back and check.

yeah, I just recommended a few friends of mine to save that money for something else. Maybe some indie game that actually deserves to be bought.

Comment

Is DayZ good though?
      I had roughly the same experience with both, just the inventory system was better in WarZ and the zombies didn't teleport like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by cikame View Post
        Is DayZ good though?
        I had roughly the same experience with both, just the inventory system was better in WarZ and the zombies didn't teleport like crazy.
        The thing is DayZ is a free mod. A mod, and people usually know what to expect from a game modification. War Z was an awful ripoff that tried to sell a recycled game (war inc) with retarded zombie AI and an incomplete surviving system. I'm pretty sure that from a developer standpoint the mod dayz was harder to make than the crap they pulled with War Z. From What I have seen WarZ has improved now but it still does not have half of what the developers said it had when they started selling the game through preorders. The graphics are reasonable but the animations are AWFUL. I know games from the early 2000's with better animations. Many people just don't notice it because after forcing yourself to play it some time you just forget about how awful some stuff is, and people just play it because there is nothing better at the moment. But DayZ standalone isn't far from release.

Comment

I would not recommend this piece of shit game. I bought it way back in the time and really hope that it would get better, it has only gotten far worse than better. I'm waiting for the DayZ standalone game to come which is going to be far better than this WarZ piece of crap that was put on the market. All the things that they promised for this game have never been delivered and more than likely never will be delivered. Last I heard they were still being told they would have to change their name due to the movie World War Z or something.

Comment

Working...
          X