Thief 4 E3 Gameplay Demo is Part Dishonored... Okay, It's a Lot Dishonored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief 4 E3 Gameplay Demo is Part Dishonored... Okay, It's a Lot Dishonored

A new 15 minute video from "GamesUntold" on YouTube show off a substantial amount of never before seen gameplay from Thief 4 that was being shown off at E3 2013.

The video is part interview and part gameplay, so feel free to skip around until you find the gameplay.

Hm, looks like Dishonored. It has XP flashing up when you take out an enemy. It has quicktime style takedowns on enemies. I guess this is the future of the Thief series.

Yeah, It has the look and feel of thief overall, but I dont like the focus tool thing.

Not sure about the XP either. They kinda skirt the XP questions.

I did like the arrow staying in the guys head, but then at 6:44 he says how the arrows shatter and how you don't want to leave a mark. So leaving an arrow in a guards head is OK?

Then at 10:12 there is a loud boom and no one seems to care. "Hey, check out the dog barking, but don't worry about the boom."

The detail and environment of the map is really nice. I like that. Overall it has the idea and look of Thief.

Overall I like what I saw. Not exactly Thief 1 or 2, but it made me feel a little better about the game. Still don't like "focus" Seems easy mode to me and though not a requirement to use, would be something needed to find everything and the ways in and such.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Looks like fun, i don't need much to make me want to play stealth games, just some guard patterns, fun tools to use and an objective.

Comment

Originally posted by cikame
        Looks like fun, i don't need much to make me want to play stealth games, just some guard patterns, fun tools to use and an objective.
        Then the Thief series is for you!
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Well, I loved Dishonored, so this looks like a good choice.

Comment

Working...
          X