In-Game VoIP Confirmed for Battlefield 4 on All Platforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Game VoIP Confirmed for Battlefield 4 on All Platforms

A Tweet and a Reddit post later, I am now a believer that DICE and EA are actually including in-game VoIP for Battlefield 4 across all platforms.
    "The PC version of the game will have out of the box VoIP as well as Commander to squad communication."

"I can confirm VoIP will be in-game on all platforms, including for commander.

More information will follow on official channels soon"

So long as this actually means it's actually in-game and not through Battlelog, I think we will all be quite happy.

Thanks to the persistence of 5t3v0 for wanting this to be true for finding out this information.

*Lifts up arms in a Steve Holt Like position*

Comment

I find it slightly humorous that after DICE adamantly defended some of their decisions with BF3 (i.e. commander mode, VOIP only through Battlelog, suppression, etc.), they are doing exactly what they were arguing against with this game.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Never underestimate the marketing's turn back capacity.

Comment

Well, this is a significant turn of events.
          Are we getting the game we want?

I am also curios about all the customizations. Are we getting a RPGFPS?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1 View Post
            I find it slightly humorous that after DICE adamantly defended some of their decisions with BF3 (i.e. commander mode, VOIP only through Battlelog, suppression, etc.), they are doing exactly what they were arguing against with this game.
            I'm surprised too. BF3 was no flop and Premium was a HUGE success, so to think adding all the 2.5 features would mess up things.
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

As long as there's a way to mute people in-game that doesn't require too much hassle, I don't see how VOIP in-game could mess anything up.

But seriously, thank god it has VOIP, and hopefully not through Battlelog. After all they said BF3 would have VOIP until we later found out they were talking about Battlelog.

Comment

I'd say things would be far more messed up for them if they didn't add (re-add) all these "new" features. Because if they didn't add these, what else could they claim to be new in their game?

Comment

I dont see an issue with VoIP coming through Battlelog IF it is integrated in the game. I see a lot of people complaining about that, but I am assuming they mean as it stands now not with integration.

I say that because I remember in BF2/142 and BC2 how BAD VoIP was because of server load. The server had to handle VoIP as well as everything else and as more people joined the server and more action happened, the VoIP would be a static disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                    I'd say things would be far more messed up for them if they didn't add (re-add) all these "new" features. Because if they didn't add these, what else could they claim to be new in their game?
                    Ive been thinking about that and I actually think that Frostbite COULDN'T do it. It wasn't ready yet.

What makes me think that was BC2 had VoIP and it was TERRIBAD. Then FB2 in BF3 and the Alpha had this incredible destruction, but there were map problems with it and they had to tone it down. Same with the knifing animations.

I suspect FB wasnt ready for prime time and ALL those features of Spectator, VoIP, and so on. As for the full destruction, I think they toned that down some because people were complaining about fighting in a wasteland in BC2. I dont mean the holes made in the ground, but where every single building and tree could be destroyed.

Anyway, could be wrong, but I would think it strange they hold back all those features. Some, sure, all, seems like something more.

Comment

I see. In my opinion all of these new features are really making battlefield feel like a better game. Battlefield 3 did manage to hold very well on it's own without them but these are all fantastic additions. I just didn't understand if the spectator mode also means battlerecorder?

Comment

I suppose it could mean Battle Recorder, but I doubt it. I remember some DICE dev member mentioning that we were lucky to have it in BF2/142 because it was really hard to make work and put into the game and it shouldn't have worked. Or something like that.

Besides, with all the recording options available now it may not matter if there is a Battle Recorder. Yes, it helps catch cheaters, but it never showed everything, like what a person sees on a minimap or hears coming toward them.

Comment

Working...
                        X