Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Trailer

Watch the official Commander Mode trailer for Battlefield 4.

I'm not sure what I think about having my game commanded by some random guy on the subway coming home from work.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Hey, will you look at that. Glad I got my blog up in time.

@Anarchy, I wouldnt worry about that. At least they have to command and not run-n-gun.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

If the commander is so out of touch with what's going on that they can do it from a tablet, sure the run and gun is gone but the feel that you're actually involved in the battle is gone.

In the trailer is the whole missile coming down on the tank thing. The soldier sees that he calls for a missile and gets it. The commander sees blips and blops on their map get blown up. Being able to call down a missile and then see the missile actually come down would be best. =/

This is definitely something to try before I knock it, but I agree that this doesn't seem to really invest the commander in the game much.

AND IT NEEDS VOICE COMM. How are squad leaders going to voice comm with someone using a tablet? They better be able to! I don't think lack of a commander killed 3, not having voice comm killed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thortok2000 View Post
          If the commander is so out of touch with what's going on that they can do it from a tablet, sure the run and gun is gone but the feel that you're actually involved in the battle is gone.

In the trailer is the whole missile coming down on the tank thing. The soldier sees that he calls for a missile and gets it. The commander sees blips and blops on their map get blown up. Being able to call down a missile and then see the missile actually come down would be best. =/

This is definitely something to try before I knock it, but I agree that this doesn't seem to really invest the commander in the game much.

AND IT NEEDS VOICE COMM. How are squad leaders going to voice comm with someone using a tablet? They better be able to! I don't think lack of a commander killed 3, not having voice comm killed it.
          Yeah, really the only thing missing from BF3 was an integrated VOIP. That was the only thing I couldn't really argue with.

Comment

We havent seen much about all the commander functions and features, though its pretty safe to bet that commander is not going to be like BF2/142.

Comment

The tablet thing means there will be no 3D overview like ther was in BF2. Or probably that is limited to PC.

Comment

The tablet thing means there will be no 3D overview like ther was in BF2. Or probably that is limited to PC.

Comment

Correct, we were not SHOWN a 3D overview as if watching via satellite.

We also were not shown how to become commander or how to counter assets or to give all the commands or how a squad enables the commander abilities or much of anything else.

May not be a 3D overview and I am OK with that at this time.

Comment

Working...
                  X