Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Gameplay Reveal from E3 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Gameplay Reveal from E3 2013

Commander Mode is BACK for Battlefield 4. Check out some of the highlights as similarly depicted during today's EA E3 2013 press conference.

That better not be the only building that falls on the multiplayer.

Comment

That was amazing

Not just the skyscraper part, but also:

- Destroy the ground under the tank
      - Huge map
      - 64 players on consoles too (= better map designs)
      - air, land, and sea vehicles in the same map
      - commander
      - 5 man squads (better than 4)
      - elevators

Anything else I missed?

The only bad thing is that there were no dogs.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

WOAH! You can counter Knife attacks?! There's a lot I like there. But Time will tell if Commander is going to be good/improved this time around.

I'm really impressed. too bad I'm not going to get much time on this thanks to a religious commitment I'm making later this year/early next year...

Comment

Commander trailer for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZTe...ature=youtu.be

- - - Updated - - -

Commander trailer for those interested (everyone): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZTeVnM5Sw&feature=youtu.be
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Were those bots they were playing against?

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1 View Post
              Commander trailer for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZTe...ature=youtu.be
              Fook me, tablet commander? Thats actually really cool. Lets just hope they don't release it on iOS only for the first two years this time...

Originally posted by stilla-killa
              Were those bots they were playing against?
              I was wondering that too. They seemed rather static.

Comment

Of course those weren't bots, they where actors :P ,players who alredy knew what they had to do for everything to look cinematic. They also knew they could not shoot the guy recording

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 5t3v0 View Post
                WOAH! You can counter Knife attacks?! There's a lot I like there. But Time will tell if Commander is going to be good/improved this time around.

I'm really impressed. too bad I'm not going to get much time on this thanks to a religious commitment I'm making later this year/early next year...
                where did you see that?!?! DICE said they would do that on bf3 but they ended up not doing it.

Comment

counter knife attack appears at the end of the trailer

Comment

The commander will only be for tablets? Did I get that wrong? I hope I did.

Comment

Commander will be on tablet and on PC at least (as seen on the commander trailer).
                      The tablet version could join any game (PC or console) but nothing clear about the PC version shown (mouse cursor) to be PC game only or not.
                      The question is: will the commander role a specific app so the people who choose to act as a commander will focus on it as they can't go back to join the field ?

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx

where did you see that?!?! DICE said they would do that on bf3 but they ended up not doing it.
                        They did? I thought it was just a question commonly asked and never answered, or answered with a "No" pretty early on.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Tablet is only an option. I would hope at least, but I didn't see anything about the Commander mode being a Tablet exclusive on PC. It also doesn't make a lot of sense for it to only be an exclusive on PC, or any platform for that matter if its going to be that integral to the game.

Comment

They said the commnader was a tablet option, but also available for PC and console.

I like what I saw. The sun isnt glaring. Fighting/shooting seems really smooth. I liked the jerk when the parachute opened.

I wondered if they were bots as well, but Jimy is probably correct that it was scripted that way.
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

jetski jihading to return!
                            "Crunch's First Officer"
                            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

They weren't bots, they were actors. Real people don't suck that much. Like that helicopter barely even shot at them. And that site would probably be very hard to attack as people would just camp the elevator doors. In actual gameplay I see a lot of people flying up in a chopper and jumping out of the chopper to parachute down to have more varied points of access.

I had to watch the counter-knife thing three times before I realized it was actually a counter-knife.

It looks good. I plan on getting it on PC and probably preordering, when I have the money.

Comment

Working...
                              X