Sports Illustrated Counts Down the Top 10 LucasArts' Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Illustrated Counts Down the Top 10 LucasArts' Games

So this is kind of cool, Sports Illustrated is diving head first into the top 10 LucasArts' titles of all time. Yes, of all time. As part of their Extra Mustard section of SI, the team takes a look at some of the best titles ever created from the studio that is now just a fond memory.

Undoubtedly, there are a number of entries on this list you may not have ever heard of, especially if you're still in high school or college. Let's face it, it's about time you became intimately acquainted with these classics of the gaming world.

While I won't ruin the entire list of 10 for you, I will go ahead and select one from their unnumbered list to share with you, the lovely readers of TGN.
    Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (2001)
    To see Rogue Leader was to lust after it. A brilliant launch title for Nintendo’s Gamecube, the Factor 5-developed classic remains a high point for Star Wars titles and action titles in general. The shoot-em-up borrows moments from all three of the original Star Wars films, and the highlights — including a AT-AT takedown on Hoth and a Star Destroyer attack — have rarely been more compellingly presented. Even 12 years later, Rogue Leader is a memorable, thrilling title.

Play It Now: If you don’t have a Gamecube kicking around, the title can be played on earlier Wii units that include compatibility with that console.

There are nine others that are just as good as Rogue Squadron II on the list, so be sure to head on over to Extra Mustard at SI.com for their top 10 LucasArts titles.

Episode I: Racer (1999)
    howboutnobear.jpg

Other than that one, I liked the list as well.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      howboutnobear.jpg

Other than that one, I liked the list as well.
      really? I PLAYED THE HELL OUT OF THAT GAME LOLZ

Comment

I remember when Grim Fandango came out, such an awesome game I played it all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
          really? I PLAYED THE HELL OUT OF THAT GAME LOLZ
          Maybe its an acquired taste. I played it as well and HATED it.

That's not saying much though, when I first played BF1942 I hated it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
            That's not saying much though, when I first played BF1942 I hated it as well.
            *GASP!* SACRILEGE! I KNEW YOU WERE AN EA SHILL! No one can say that BF3 is a good game without being an EA shill!

Comment

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing he has a close relationship with the person or organization.
              FIRST hated. 5 months later my brother gave it to me as a Christmas present, so I felt obligated to play it some. The rest is history

Comment

I absolutely loved Episode I Racer. I have tried so many times to get it to work on a modern computer but never had any success

Comment

Pity they put all the SCUMM games into one, as Day of the Tentacle and Sam and Max were singularly each better than most Star Wars games featured therein.

Comment

Working...
                  X