Battlefield 4 No Longer Rumored for GDC 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 No Longer Rumored for GDC 2013

... Because it's totally been confirmed! The other week, we brought you news that a Battlefield 4 reveal was going to come at this GDC 2013 happening later this month. Well, kiss that rumor goodbye because a reveal has totally been confirmed!

This may or may not be an actual image for the game. It was an image Kotaku received from a "tipster" so it could just be a bunch of BS, but hey, at least it looks cool.

While the first invitation was merely a teaser, a more substantial invitation was sent to the press (again, none for TGN) for the unveiling of Battlefield 4.

Those who pre-ordered Medal of Honor Warfighter last year will gain access to the beta for Battlefield 4. We'll know more once the reveal comes at GDC later this month (March 25 - March 29).

Come on, is it going to be that much of a non-inovative copy that they even used the same font design?

Comment

... Isn't it the same font they've used since 1942?

Comment

Yeah...

Why not complain about the same blue/orange design and the orange flame on the gritty, generic white American soldier moving towards the camera? Although at least he is running instead of walking nonchalantly.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Yes it is, Sorry for not expressing myself correctly Zips. It' true that the font just changed in bf2142 if I'm not mistaken. But I wanted to refer to the fonts color/pattern choice, not really the font shape.

Comment

Took them 6 years to follow up to BF2 and now 2 years later after BF3 we have BF4. Just another franchise to run into the ground. Bravo EA bravo. But who knows maybe they learned from their mistakes and this IS the BF we wanted.

Comment

That's pretty exaggerated.

2002 - Battlefield 1942
              2004 - Battlefield Vietnam
              2005 - BF2
              2006 - BF2142
              2008 - BC
              2010 - BC2
              2011 - BF3
              2013/2014 - BF4

Yeah, you kind of forgot 3 games in those 6 years between BF2 and BF3.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1 View Post
                That's pretty exaggerated.

2002 - Battlefield 1942
                2004 - Battlefield Vietnam
                2005 - BF2
                2006 - BF2142
                2008 - BC
                2010 - BC2
                2011 - BF3
                2013/2014 - BF4

Yeah, you kind of forgot 3 games in those 6 years between BF2 and BF3.
                Not to mention BF2: Modern Combat for the consoles (2005), and BF Play 4 Free (2011).

So yeah, two years is actually a substantial period of no new Battlefield game.

Comment

I'm kinda wondering what they are going to tell about the game. BF2 to 3 was a big span and a lot changed. I dont know if a lot will change to BF3 to 4.

Its very safe to assume:
                  No mod tools
                  Frostbite Engine
                  Origin required
                  Battlelog required
                  Classes
                  Vehicles
                  Much of the game modes in BF3, if not all of them.

Looking forward to seeing what is mentioned.
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

very looking forward to what is mentioned indeed, mod tools would be epic and i know that many gamers would agree.

Comment

Honestly, for me to feel satisfied and interested in the game all they have to do is do the thing DICE has done best, which is to come up with something inovative in every game.
                      So, I hope they manage to come up with something inovative and different while still maintaining the battlefield feel. For example, I'm definitely looking forward for an improvement with the environment interaction from BF3, such as the vaulting animation and all the other great animations such as when you are prone. Stuff that they teased in bf3 like explosions making you go flying and such, that would be pretty epic. I also hope to see more destruction, I think we can all agree that from bfbc2 to bf3 there was sort of a downgrade in destructibility. Specially when they disabled the ability to make your own trenches .
                      I'm honestly just expecting them to surprise me. If they don't, I'm not going to be happy

Comment

I dunno, as always with me, refer to my user title.

I am still optimistic, though its likely I won't be around to play it for the next couple of years so therefore my view may be moot...

Comment

Hopefully, this game is coming out for next gen consoles and they design it accordingly. With next gen consoles, they can easily up player counts to big numbers and create massive, sprawling maps the accompany that number. The problem is, I expect the game will also come out on current gen systems, so I expect they will just scale everything back again to fit those.

To be honest, I'm a bit unsure on what they will do to make this a truly new game if they don't take advantage of any next gen features. It's basically going to be the same as BF3.

I don't even know what I want to see. Obviously, bigger maps and more players would be nice. Commander mode. Full destruction, like BC2. No color grading. Battlerecorder. Mod tools (not happening). Two seater jets. Better squad leader controls. Bigger squads. More maps at launch.

Ehh, that's all I can think of. Basically, BF4 = improved BF3, nothing revolutionary.

Comment

COMMANDER

Only one suggestion....BRING BACK COMMANDER!!

Comment

Working...
                            X