Every PlayStation 4 Title to be Digitally Downloadable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every PlayStation 4 Title to be Digitally Downloadable

In an interview with The Guardian, Sony's Shuhei Yoshida revealed some information that should make gamers quite happy. In addition to physical retail releases, PlayStation 4 titles will also be available as digital downloads.
    I believe it's very important for the platform to have a wide variety of developers making things that are unique and creative. We're shifting our platform more and more to the digital side – PS4 will be similar to PS Vita in that every game will be available as a digital download, and some will also be available as a disc. The Witness will be a digital release and because of the flexibility of the digital distribution scheme, we can have more small games that might be free or available for a couple of dollars, or different services like free-to-play or subscription models.

Also, wondering why the PlayStation 4 wasn't shown off at the PlayStation 2013 event? It's simple: The hardware wasn't ready yet. Instead of rushing it, they simply decided not to show it yet.

(via Guardian)

Thats a smater method than forced banning of Pre owned titles.

Comment

It better come with a big HDD then.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
        It better come with a big HDD then.
        I think 500gb is the minimum. Welcome to 2007 I say.

Comment

I download way more games on my Xbox360 than I do on my PS3 simply because I have a bigger HDD on my Xbox.

Comment

Can't you just put in your own hdd? I think the ps3 could do that.

Comment

There's no saying yet whether or not the HDD on the new consoles will be easily replaceable. That's something you have to wait and see on.

Comment

Working...
              X