PlanetSide 2 Asks if Your FPS Can do This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlanetSide 2 Asks if Your FPS Can do This

Well? CAN IT?! Can your favorite FPS do all of these things? I DIDN'T THINK SO, TOUGH GUY!

All hyperbole aside, PlanetSide 2 is out now. It's a free to play title with optional micro-transactions. Also, it's a lot of fun to play.

(Find out more at PlanetSide 2)

My FPS can't do this, but neither can my computer... I wish they optimized the game more

Comment

They can optimize more but they can't do miracles, the fact there's a lot of players at the same will eat your CPU no matter what. You need a 4 cores CPU for this game.

Comment

Started playing it this week-end: mostly everything you can expect from a F2P MMO:
        - server reboot schedule less than 30 minutes after I joined
        - a big lag and crash after a while
        - joining an FR outfit (yes I'm French) and saying "bonsoir" ("hello" for the record) just to be answered "you had to be French"
        - trying to use the internal VOIP just to discover it's a bit crappy
        - being playing a few hours with no-one speaking while you just have nothing except waiting while the looooong capture process run (no enemy at all around)

Nevertheless, I still had fun for most of the time I spent. I think I will play it in the long term and I'm even considering to install TS on my machine (trust me it's quite unbelievable).

People seems to be quite nice and open. It's fun to have a ride in a tank/aircraft/whatever column to go to the next battle (never seen it since my old BF2 clan time).

I had to reduce the video setting (reduced to 50% at the moment but 70% was already a great improvement) to get something playable on my Intel 9450 CPU / HD 5850 GPU config and it's still looking good.

For those who think that Karkand 32 size with 64 players is a bit crowdy: just forget to try it.
        For the others: try it, the worse thing you can waste is time if you don't enjoy it.

I think I spent more time on the wiki and tutorial videos than in game and I still miss 90% of what's inside the game.

Comment

Working...
        X