PlanetSide 2 Officially Launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlanetSide 2 Officially Launched

Following up on the lengthy beta phase for the game, PlanetSide 2 has officially been released. Even better is the fact that you can grab PlanetSide 2 on Steam.

PlanetSide 2 is a free to play massively multiplayer FPS. It has vehicles of all shapes and sizes, large and persistent worlds, and a futuristic sci-fi setting.
    PlanetSide 2 takes all the groundbreaking features from the original game -- massive multiplayer battles, distinct empires to rally around, and enormous continents where intense ground and air combat unfold -- and adds features that modern gamers have come to expect of the FPS and MMO genres. With advanced technology, years of gamer feedback, and a new SOE proprietary MMO game engine called ForgeLightâ„¢, PlanetSide 2 offers a truly competitive and visceral FPS experience with massive warfare, massive customization and massive community.

"We set out to create a massive, unprecedented game, and we succeeded. PlanetSide 2 will break records for its size and combat," said Matt Higby, Creative Director of PlanetSide 2 at Sony Online Entertainment. "Now, it's the players' turn to make history. The war stories of brutal combat, acts of valor, casualties and victories from beta testing have been epic. But, the slate is clean, and the game has launched. It's time to create legends."

You've got your choice of six different classes and three different factions as you fight for control over territory. Be sure to check out more on PlanetSide 2 at the PlanetSide 2 website.

It's so sloooowwww on my computer

Comment

Yeah the game is heavy on the CPU because of the 2000 players per server. Also there's some heavy lag coming from the server on the big EU server (Miller).

Comment

Been playing on US West Connery server because my friends plays on that, i do get lag, but more so i see other players lag which makes it hard to kill them. Aside from that being said i have been having super fun!

Comment

Working...
        X