Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Mesa: Source Gameplay Video Leaked - Features Bad Voice Acting, Sprint, and Iron Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Mesa: Source Gameplay Video Leaked - Features Bad Voice Acting, Sprint, and Iron Sights

An alleged leak of some Black Mesa: Source gameplay was provided to ValveTime (what, no love for TGN/CSN?). The footage in question shows off some of the action from the "On a Rail" chapter of the game and there is no saying just how old the footage may be.

Prepare yourself for all of the sprinting, bad voice-acting, and iron sights action that you probably don't remember from the original! Which probably stands to reason since the original game from Valve didn't have any of that.

It's going to take a lot more to impress us and plenty of other gamers who have given up caring much about this mod after such a lengthy development time.

I love games with ironsights and In my opinion no modern shooter should even thing about excluding them. Not using iron sights is for more arcady games such as CS or, in this case, HL. In my opinion they really seem out of pace in here since the weapon is already dead accurate and has a tiny crosshair, why would you need to use the iron sights? the sight seems to be almost wider than the cross hair itself

Comment

Re: Black Mesa: Source Gameplay Video Leaked - Features Bad Voice Acting, Sprint, and Iron Sights

Originally posted by jimykx
      I love games with ironsights and In my opinion no modern shooter should even thing about excluding them. Not using iron sights is for more arcady games such as CS or, in this case, HL. In my opinion they really seem out of pace in here since the weapon is already dead accurate and has a tiny crosshair, why would you need to use the iron sights? the sight seems to be almost wider than the cross hair itself
      Uh oh... Some parts of the internet don't like that idea... I don't disagree with you... but...

Comment

The voice acting was good, but not great. The music was at par with the HL universe. One problem I found is that the NPC was a bit too accurate with their shots, almost instantly you get hit as soon as you peak out from a corner or cover, and start to lose HP fast, I was actually hoping they would change that.

Comment

Re: Black Mesa: Source Gameplay Video Leaked - Features Bad Voice Acting, Sprint, and Iron Sights

Originally posted by 5t3v0
          Uh oh... Some parts of the internet don't like that idea... I don't disagree with you... but...
          which idea? I might not have expressed myself very well. What i wanted to say was:
          - No modern shooter should exclude ironsights unless it's an arcady game, and black mesa: source is one of those games.

Comment

I don't belive the voices are final, thye don't have the radio sound that they had in Hl1.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
              which idea? I might not have expressed myself very well. What i wanted to say was:
              - No modern shooter should exclude ironsights unless it's an arcady game, and black mesa: source is one of those games.
              Believe me, since the yahtzee followers popped up (I am a fan of him, but I don't ALWAYS follow blindly) there is a great deal of people opposed to the notion of Irons. Hell, some even believe they are the sole reason that the game industry is in peril. Stupidly, might I add. They are just pinning it to something that Yahtzee has mentioned alot and believe that it is a game ruiner...

Also, some of the Valve Fanbase are very opposed to changes like that.

Though in the defence of the HL .357 mag though, there was always a laser sight/zoom in function, but only in multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Alesi08
                I don't belive the voices are final, thye don't have the radio sound that they had in Hl1.
                That is, perhaps, because they are standing side by side right in front of the player. They could have changed it for those two since the others seem quite a bit different than those two do.

Comment

this could perhaps win many awards upon release, i have been following this mod like i have been following Company of Heroes Modern Comabat and Insurgency for HL2. I simply would love to play this!

Comment

Working...
                  X