Call of Duty Elite Has Over 2 Million Paying Subscribers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty Elite Has Over 2 Million Paying Subscribers

Just a few days ago, it was revealed that there were over 1.3 million customers that picked up Battlefield 3 Premium. Not to be outdone, Activision revealed that their Call of Duty Elite service has "at least 2.3 million premium members". Those 2.3 million premium members are part of over 12 million registered users that are signed up with the service.

“Call of Duty is one of the biggest entertainment franchises of all time, and player engagement with the brand continues to set new records,” says CEO Eric Hirshberg, said during the call..

“With Call of Duty Elite, we’ve had historic successes combined with some important learnings,” he continues. Moving on to Elite numbers, Hirshberg states that “at least 2.3 million premium members and over 12 million registered users are remarkable achievements. When taken in combination with the record engagement of the Call of Duty franchise overall, there is strong evidence of tremendous continued engagement with the franchise. That said, we still feel we have a long way to go.”

Elite is slated to continue its service when Call of Duty: Black Ops II comes out this November. Elite is a monthly subscription service that offers early access to content, stat tracking, and other features.

It still is not available for anybody playing the PC version of the game.

(via Examiner)

Re: Call of Duty Elite Has Over 2 Million Paying Subscribers

Battlefield 3 did their version of Elite across all platforms. CoD cannot/will not do that.

Also, the BF3 player count is lower vs. the CoD player count, meaning the overall percentage of BF3/Premium is probably much higher than the overall CoD/Elite

I think that says it all.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

But people, can't you create an elite free account without having the game? That does not happen with battlelog, where I think you have to actually own the game for an account to be created. If i'm correct about that, even without considering Crunche's facts, it makes it a very unfair comparison.

Comment

How is it unfair to compare one paid service with another paid service?

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          Battlefield 3 did their version of Elite across all platforms. CoD cannot/will not do that.

Also, the BF3 player count is lower vs. the CoD player count, meaning the overall percentage of BF3/Premium is probably much higher than the overall CoD/Elite

I think that says it all.
          I was just thinking that. 2.3 million subscribers out of 25 million sales is a pretty bad ratio.

Originally posted by jimykx
          But people, can't you create an elite free account without having the game? That does not happen with battlelog, where I think you have to actually own the game for an account to be created. If i'm correct about that, even without considering Crunche's facts, it makes it a very unfair comparison.
          This is talking about paid subscribers. So it's comparing the people who bought Premium as compared to the people who pay for Elite.
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

What's funny is that atleast a million of those user accounts have to get their parents consent first. *ba-dum-bish!*

Comment

Premium is a one time pay its a DLC season pass the way i see and a good one at that. I never pay monthly for anything but the internet and electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                How is it unfair to compare one paid service with another paid service?
                That was my bad

Comment

Working...
                X