Win a Gaming PC in Second Ever 'Only in Battlefield 3' Video Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win a Gaming PC in Second Ever 'Only in Battlefield 3' Video Contest

Last December, EA and DICE held an "Only in Battlefield 3" contest that brought in submissions from all over of the best and most insane Battlefield 3 footage you've ever seen. Well, the second "Only in Battlefield 3" contest has officially begun and again there are a number of prizes being offered up to those willing to enter.

This event includes three different categories compared to the first one. Video submissions can be made for Close Quarters, Back to Karkand, or Overall. So what can you possibly win from all this? A lot of things!

Three (3) Winners will each receive:
    • One (1) Personal Computer comprised of ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboard, AMD FX 8150 CPU, 8GB Kingston DDR3 RAM, Dual Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 in CrossFire, Silverstone Strider 1000W Modular Power Supply, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD
    • One (1) Battlefield 3 Razer Imperator
    • One (1) Battlefield 3 Razer Scarab
    • One (1) Battlefield 3 Razer BlackShark
    • One (1) Battlefield 3 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    • One (1) Battlefield 3 Razer Messenger Bag

The approximate retail value (ARV) of each Prize Package is $10,000.

You must have your entry in by September 12, 2012. After all entries are in, members from the Battlefield 3 team will select their shortlist of candidates. From this shortlist, the community will get to watch the videos and leave comments. Afterwards, DICE will pick the final three winners from that shortlist.

For the full details on the contest, be sure to head on over to the Only in Battlefield 3 page at Battlefield.com!

Who prices the approximate retail value? Because they can't do math
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Re: Win a Gaming PC in Second Ever 'Only in Battlefield 3' Video Contest

Lol, people who can record battlefield 3 certainly aren't people who need a gaming pc...

Comment

lmfao Jimy is right, maybe just some people that wont mind another PC hahaha

Comment

Still, notice how its for a gaming PC and not some custom xbawx 360? I hope A console gamer wins just so he can join the fold.

Comment

I had an idea earlier that I thought was brilliant, and then I realized that making videos sucks without Battlerecorder and 10 free friends.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

God Battlerecorder i want that, i am kind of tired of FRAPS, would like to see how this kind of software would fare out.

Comment

Yeah!! I want a new gaming PC!!!NO WAIT; AMD????

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator8
                  Yeah!! I want a new gaming PC!!!NO WAIT; AMD????
                  Maybe if people actually gave them a chance they would get good at making CPU's.

"Whats that? No I'm defo going i7 2600k for my build in the US"/self-hypocrisy

Comment

AMD is VERY good at making CPUs and was beating Intel a few years ago. It will swing that way again.

AMD did two things to mess themselves up:
                    1. Moved away from the Hz ratings.
                    2. Worked with Intel to develop a few special chip features we now see in both AMD and Intel.

Its not self hypocracy. The iSeries chips are the top line chips right now. Thats just how it is. You can argue whatever on the benchmarks, but I see it enough in real life that it doesnt matter.
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                      AMD is VERY good at making CPUs and was beating Intel a few years ago. It will swing that way again.

AMD did two things to mess themselves up:
                      1. Moved away from the Hz ratings.
                      2. Worked with Intel to develop a few special chip features we now see in both AMD and Intel.

Its not self hypocracy. The iSeries chips are the top line chips right now. Thats just how it is. You can argue whatever on the benchmarks, but I see it enough in real life that it doesnt matter.
                      I don´t agree. If Intel stays ahead for the next few years I see a serious problem with AMD. I do not see the MB manufacturers sitting back twiddling their thumbs waiting for the new AMD-chip. Why would ASUS, MSI and all the others bet on both horses. Furthermore the less you bank the less you have for development and one day your turnover only matches your costs and then it is down hill from there. Just look at the ultra fanboys at MAC. Once the only chance you would ever ever see an Intel chip inside was if somebody as a prank had put it in there.
                      To stay in the game they need to develop CPU´s for the PC along with the smartphone and touchpad. For that they need serious cash and Intel simply has more of it.
                      The net revenue in 2010 for AMD was 6.494 mill. For Intel it was 43.623 mill. So in a nutshell Intel can spend 6 dollars on developement for each dollar AMD spends and still come out in the black.
                      Currently an AMD share is worth $4,26 and an Intel $26,69.
                      So if they continue to be two generations behind Intel one day they will wake up being bankrupt.
                      Just my two cents

Comment

$4,26 and an Intel $26,69.
                        Um, is that $426 or $4.26? Remember us Dollar nations use decimals, silly Euro. :P

but what you said was what I was worried about. AMD have been struggling lately. I want them to succeed though, but news has been grim (at least in the media). Though I'm still unsure if I'm going 7970 or 680 (or the equivalents, since I'm not starting it until late this year/early next year) for my next build.

Comment

I don´t agree. If Intel stays ahead for the next few years I see a serious problem with AMD. I do not see the MB manufacturers sitting back twiddling their thumbs waiting for the new AMD-chip. Why would ASUS, MSI and all the others bet on both horses. Furthermore the less you bank the less you have for development and one day your turnover only matches your costs and then it is down hill from there. Just look at the ultra fanboys at MAC. Once the only chance you would ever ever see an Intel chip inside was if somebody as a prank had put it in there.
                          To stay in the game they need to develop CPU´s for the PC along with the smartphone and touchpad. For that they need serious cash and Intel simply has more of it.
                          The net revenue in 2010 for AMD was 6.494 mill. For Intel it was 43.623 mill. So in a nutshell Intel can spend 6 dollars on developement for each dollar AMD spends and still come out in the black.
                          Currently an AMD share is worth $4,26 and an Intel $26,69.
                          So if they continue to be two generations behind Intel one day they will wake up being bankrupt.
                          Just my two cents
                          Its a good two cents, but I didnt say that they were not struggling. Also, intel is ontop because of technology both AMD and Intel worked on together.

What I am saying is that AMD makes a very good chip. Its not top of the line and doesnt have the "power" behind it as the iSeries does. However, Intel costs more. You want a higher end economy system and AMD is not something to turn your nose at.

Also, AMD is no longer processor only. They now make motherboards and video cards that have huge followings.

Also major brands are still making AMD based boards, such as ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, and ASRock. I dont know if any major brand that has moved away from AMD.

Also, if Apple were to put in the correct chipset, AMD could run on that platform as well. Both AMD and Intel are x86 architecture. Of course, you are correct that Apple chose wisely on their choice.

So yeah, Intel is rolling in the cash, you are correct, but I dont see AMD fading away in the next five years. Maybe a little later if they dont decide on something.
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

My friend has a Hackintosh on an AMD processor, if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                            X