Molyneux's Curiosity Brings Its $50,000 DLC to Players on August 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molyneux's Curiosity Brings Its $50,000 DLC to Players on August 22

Peter Molyneux's first release with 22 Cans, Curiosity, is slated to be released on August 22 for the PC, Android, and iOS.

As you may recall from our first word on the game, Curiosity simply has players chipping away at a cube as it gets smaller and smaller. To aid in their efforts, players can buy a number of DLC pieces, including a $50,000 diamond pickaxe. Yep, that is real world currency we're talking about here.

Naturally, Molyneux is remaining very humble about this upcoming release.

(The mystery of what's inside the cube) "is so valuable, and so life-changingly important."

"It's so amazing I think it will appear on news reports," Molyneux said elsewhere in the presentation, "though it's not a dead cat, by the way."

Just take a moment and let those words sink in. Once that's done, get a job to save up for that $50,000 pickaxe.

(via)

Who in the world would buy that?That's just stupid!

Comment

Riiight.

Comment

Re: Molyneux's Curiosity Brings Its $50,000 DLC to Players on August 22

It's a good move. I can see someone buying that just for the fame of being "The crazy guy who bought that wierd game DLC"

Comment

Even if only one rich person with a ton of disposable income buys it (and I expect at least one person will), then it's a pretty big profit.
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
          X