Battlefield Premium Launches June 4 at $50 for North America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Premium Launches June 4 at $50 for North America

According to a fact sheet obtained by BF3 Blog, it appears as though June 4 will be the release date for the Battlefield 3 Premium service. Contrary to what the prices are reported to be across the ocean, it looks as though Premium will just be $50 (USD) for those in the States.

Everything included in Premium

Content and Features Included
    • Five themed expansion packs
      • Back To Karkand
      • Close Quarters
      • Armored Kill
      • Aftermath
      • End Game

Other bonus features
    • Two weeks early access to all future Battlefield 3 expansions
    • Unique in-game knife
    • Unique in-game dog tags
    • 10+ unique soldier camos
    • Unique weapon camos
    • Stat reset features
    • 10+ unique Platoon emblem decals
    • Increased Platoon emblem layers
    • Server queue priority
    • Save up to five of your favorite Battle Reports
    • 5+ unique Assignments
    • Exclusive events
    • Exclusive Double XP weekends
    • Exclusive videos
    • Strategy guides
    • Additional bonus content

Available on June 4 for $49.99 for the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

Does this make the Premium service more enticing to you? It's now apparently confirmed that Aftermath will be another piece of DLC that was previously unannounced. It also grants you two weeks of a head start on each DLC release over those who don't have Premium, and it's $10 less than we all initially thought.

If they price each of the remaining four DLC pieces at $15 each, you would save a total of $10 by going Premium than if you paid for them all separately. This is, of course, assuming this is all true.

(via)

Exclusive Double XP weekends..? What the fuck is that DICE.. but in all honesty.. I think 5 expansion packs for $50 is a good deal. If it's true ofcourse, but sounds legit none the less.

Comment

That actually doesnt seem that bad for $50. Im now considering it especially as it has a few pros over just being 5 pieces of DLC.

Comment

Re: Battlefield Premium Launches June 4 at $50 for North America

Doesn't it include their "Shotcuts"? Not much Premium about it if they exclude that content.

Comment

MY MONEY :bawling:

Comment

I may actually get it. For $50 (less than a new game), you are getting more maps than the base game, more weapons, more vehicles, early access, exclusive stuff, INCREASED PLATOON EMBLEM PLAYERS!?!?!, etc. I wasn't going to get CQ, but if I got this, I would "lose" $5 compared to if I bought the other 3 DLC separately, but then for that $5, I would get CQ anyway and all the additional benefits. Well done, EA
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
              I may actually get it. For $50 (less than a new game), you are getting more maps than the base game, more weapons, more vehicles, early access, exclusive stuff, INCREASED PLATOON EMBLEM PLAYERS!?!?!, etc. I wasn't going to get CQ, but if I got this, I would "lose" $5 compared to if I bought the other 3 DLC separately, but then for that $5, I would get CQ anyway and all the additional benefits. Well done, EA
              Yep, they made this a value now.

Vreki pointed out not having the shortcuts, that would have been a really nice addition, but you can get those free too.

Also, check out the "Stat reset" feature. Whats that about?
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                INCREASED PLATOON EMBLEM PLAYERS!?!?!
                This is not really a special thing, check this thread out: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4489559805260/
                It means you can import your own images. And much more, the app is awesome, has lots of stats and details about weapons. It's a great battlelog improvement

Comment

my money is already on standby, honeslty i am begining to like EA again.

Comment

So if you get bored you can essentially do a non glossed up (and not as arbitrary) reduced form prestige mode? Kewl.

Though I don't know if I would do one, as It took me ages... I only just got to level 44 (though it says Im at level 43 with 68100/60000 points until my next rank...)

Comment

since BF vietnam i just played because its fun, ranking is ranking, i think its a good addition the ranking system i mean but it does not bother me as much. MP gameplay is where the game is at!

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                        • Additional bonus content
                        This is like the "additional points" at the end of a round. No one really knows what it is.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"
                        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Comment

I dont know why people are such assholes, i mean i was chattign with a felow BF player and he says 'fcuk that too expensive' guy no one says you have to buy or else face the ban hammer i mean come on! and second its not expensive and its a one off payment, one off! for five DLCs, urgh some people i tell you cheapskates and then some.

Comment

Well, its funny that Back to Karkand is on that list, so what about the 98 % of us who already own it like forever now? I'm paying for that again? Secondly, how long is it going to take them to get 4 more expansions out? 1 year ? 2 years? What if you are bored as hell of bf3 by then or really angry at patching as soo many people are these days? Your paying for something really far in advance. Business loves that, it's like gift cards. I,m not sold yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X