Battlefield Premium Priced at $60 with New and Unfortunate Details Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Premium Priced at $60 with New and Unfortunate Details Inside

Localized retail sites for "Coolshop" both in Danish and the UK have listings for a Battlefield Premium for Battlefield 3. Now, the concept of Battlefield Premium is old news by now but the pricing is new to everyone. Both sites list Battlefield Premium at 369 Danish Kroner and 34.96 GBP, both of which convert to roughly $60 USD.

It should be noted that DLC entitled "Aftermath" was included, a DLC pack that was previously unannounced. Right now, the Battlefield Premium access will include the following perks.
    • 20 Maps
    • 20 New Weapons
    • 10+ New Vehicles
    • 4+ New Game Modes
    • 30+ Assignments
    • 20+ Dog Tags
    • Also includes “Premium Benefits” which are made up of skins, camos and most importantly early access to all DLC.

Curiously, an unannounced fifth DLC pack, Aftermath, was included in the initial listing for Battlefield Premium. It was listed as coming in "late 2012" placing it between Armored Kill and End Game. Official details will come during EA's E3 2012 press conference on June 4.

Of all the stupid ideas they could have ripped from the Call of Duty franchise, this idea of a "premium" service priced at $60 (!!!) is probably the DUMBEST one. Assuming you already have B2K, either free or paid, you'll be paying $60 for either three-four upcoming expansions.

If they're priced at $15 a piece as B2K was, you would only have to pay $45-$60 for them separately anyway! You are getting NO savings by buying them all at once! In fact, the only thing exclusive you would get are a few skins, camos, and "early access" to the DLC.

You know, at least with other online packages like this (Rockstar Pass, Saints Row 3's Season Pass) you pay a flat rate and get all of the DLC releases as they come out. These other online package deals are priced so that you pay less than if you purchased each DLC release separately. What a complete slap in the face of every Battlefield fan out there.

(via)

Re: Battlefield Premium Priced at $60 with New and Unfortunate Details Inside

I would not be surprised if the new BF pattern is releasing a new game every odd year, and a full priced premium expansion every even year.

Comment

I'm Glad I stopped playing BF3. I could think of another name for that "coolshop" but I'm not going to post it.

Comment

I dont see how you can blame coolshop for EAs scams, they are actually a decent shop.
        Another thing is that this is EU prices, so BTK is not $15 but $20. That could also mean a lower price in US

Comment

this has EA written all over it.

Comment

IDK. Yeah, it looks like there is no discount, but if you are going to buy all the DLC anyway (which I probably am because I have always been a fan/sucker for DLC) wouldn't it be an added perk to get early access and some dumb things (cause Ive never been a fan of skins/shiny object DLC) with it?

Now as for the flip side of this coin is if you pay $60 up front (and this is where my paranoia kicks in) and then they continue to nerf the crap out of this game and make it unplayable, then what benefit is it to have all these maps and such and no servers to play them on?
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I could completely understand anywhere between a $30 to even $40 dollar price range but sixty?! Considering the only DLC that I really want is Armored Kill, I think I'll pass.

Comment

So you pay 60$ a year or just once? It sure is kind of a heavy price, I like battlefield a lot but I'd say I would be more satisfied if i used that money, which is the equivalent to a full price retail game, to buy something else different that would give me a new experience rather than more maps weapons and skins.

Comment

I guess I'm not as angry as some here because I expected the price to be something like $60, (well, $100 for us most likely. If its $60 too, then its actually better)

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    IDK. Yeah, it looks like there is no discount, but if you are going to buy all the DLC anyway (which I probably am because I have always been a fan/sucker for DLC)
                    I have the same problem. On one hand, this is actually exactly what I have been asking for the last couple of years. A "subscription" that guarantees a steady stream of new content for my favourite shooter.

On the other hand, BF3 has become a lot less favourite since then. I think what really killed my enjoyment of the game was reading one balancing SNAFU after another.

So if I get the DLC it will be because:
                    A) Its Battlefield!!!!!
                    B) And I am a sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki

A) Its Battlefield!!!!!
                      B) And I am a sucker.
                      It's harsh to see myself on your words.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                        So you pay 60$ a year or just once? It sure is kind of a heavy price, I like battlefield a lot but I'd say I would be more satisfied if i used that money, which is the equivalent to a full price retail game, to buy something else different that would give me a new experience rather than more maps weapons and skins.
                        One time, $60, and its all yours.

Originally posted by Vreki
                        I have the same problem. On one hand, this is actually exactly what I have been asking for the last couple of years. A "subscription" that guarantees a steady stream of new content for my favourite shooter.

On the other hand, BF3 has become a lot less favourite since then. I think what really killed my enjoyment of the game was reading one balancing SNAFU after another.

A) Its Battlefield!!!!!
                        B) And I am a sucker.
                        Yeah, exactly. Since BF2 DICE makes "adjustments" that seem to wreck things about the game. To me, right now, vehicles are broke. Some argue they are still good and some say they always were broke, but comparing to how they were, they are very weak. What if that never changes and Armour Kill comes out? There is talk about artillary armour coming into the game. These things going to blow up everything in two hits? Thats not a lot of fun.

Another issue is cheaper DLC later. Everyone knows that if they wait they will get a discount. BF3 has been on sell several times already. You lock in at $60 for everything and a few months later its "Get the previous map pack at $10 and pre-order the next one at $15". The one time $60 is now a waste and wasnt worth it at all.
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I will get it for reasons listed by both Crunch and Vreki. Plus i am very much looking forward to Armoured Kill and what End Game is all about as well as Aftermath was it called?

Comment

I would rather pay a $60 licensing fee for mod tools instead!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Warrior
                              I would rather pay a $60 licensing fee for mod tools instead!!
                              NO. Do not say shit like that. Then EA or some other shithead company feels justified in doing it and we all complain.

Comment

Working...
                              X