Black Ops 2 Pre-Orders Far Surpass Modern Warfare 3's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Ops 2 Pre-Orders Far Surpass Modern Warfare 3's

I'm sitting here debating on if I should hit my head against my desk or just run out into the street screaming obscenities. Apparently, according to Amazon, the day one pre-orders for Call of Duty: Black Ops II have surpassed the day-one pre-orders for Modern Warfare 3.

How many more pre-orders are there for Black Ops 2? How does a factor of ten strike you? Yes, Black Ops 2 has already been pre-ordered ten times more than the first Black Ops.

Modern Warfare 3 was previously on the top 20 all-time most pre-ordered item on all of Amazon. It was also the former record holder at Amazon for the most pre-ordered game of all-time.

I get that Treyarch has done a much better job than Infinity Ward has in recent years in terms of story, keeping things a bit more grounded in reality, and having a better multiplayer. So either mainstream gamers are well aware of that fact or all of their whining and complaints about Modern Warfare 3 were simply forgotten and it was just a matter of "OMG NEW COD! BUY BUY BUY!"

I don't know what to think any more.

(via)

I really hope nobody wanted to see any innovation, engine changes, or anything worth while for the foreseeable future in Call of Duty. If this sort of thing happens every year, they're not going to bother changing jack squat if people will just eat it up time and time again, DESPITE their bitching and moaning every year and swearing "I'll never buy another CoD again!"

Comment

Re: Black Ops 2 Pre-Orders Far Surpass Modern Warfare 3's

ugh... Well there goes that hope for the series finally slumping.

Comment

Stupid people will be stupid!How can the pre-orders be that great? i mean the trailer looked terrible, people really are in a zombified state to want to play that turd!! The more people buy into it the less innovative gaming gets!!Like i always say, the yearly dev switch is what tricks people into thinking it's going to be something new and fresh when all it is, is the same old used hooker reskinned!

Comment

I stopped playing COD as SP since BFBC2 released. Their MP was enough for me for 1 month and I've thrown this COD series in the trash box

Comment

I dont want to live on this planet anymore.

Comment

This is why I dont think people really want innovation in the gaming industry. A small minority of us do, but this proves that if you keep the same going that you will succeed.
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                I dont want to live on this planet anymore.
                I agree with you, the amount of people who buy this game is just stupid... I miss the original CoD games when they first game out they were a real treat and different style than the normal Medal of Honor games. Now they have fully lost their roots with the game and will just keep making crap upon crap until people wise up which will be almost never because buying a game is a emotion thing not a statistical thing. People buy games before they pay bills and their house and car and stuff, its emotional impulse buying that keeps people buying this crap over and over .

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                  I'm sitting here debating on if I should hit my head against my desk or just run out into the street screaming obscenities.
                  Well I might just do both... I was a fan of CoD for a while, until they became the Madden of FPSs, being release every year with hardly no changes to the game. man I just don't understand how everyone can just LOVE this game, its the same thing that was released years ago, just renamed but yet everyone wants it.. I will not be getting this one

Comment

I just look at BOps and MW as two separate games and another key factor is, IW no longer exists its Sledgehammer now. Treyarch really stepped up with Black Ops 1, as long as the people currently involved with MW3 are not working on Black Ops 2, I'm willing to give them a shot.

Comment

A lot of people see BO and MW as different series, even though they are both CoD games. Some people loved BO and hated MW3, but they are going to buy BO2 because they loved BO.

Honestly, I may end up buying BO2. I need a game that I know can run on the shitty college laptop I will be using and this is the only one I can think of that will.
                      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I loved MW and MW2, but hated WaW. Treyarch really got their act together with BOps and produced a quality game, I'm willing to give them a shot at BOps 2. MW3 should of had warning bells going off the whole time and frankly I felt uneasy, but people attacking it because of MW2 just made me defend it more and more (it turned out to be a horrible repackaging of MW2). On the MP side of things, even though BOps had dedicated servers, graphically it felt like we took a huge step back to COD4/MW one, you have to admit, for p2p and small arena style maps MW2 looked pretty. Even if the MP maps were smaller in MW2 they were also designed a lot better then most of the BOps maps. There are also a lot of strange quarks with the BOps engine, even though it was less intense then MW2, it stuttered, had conflict with drivers and finally just choked. Only good thing I can say about MW3 was the "Hoard mode", but even that fizzled because it was only 2 players.

Comment

Working...
                        X