Allegedly Leaked Black Ops II Shots Show War Still a Part of Our Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allegedly Leaked Black Ops II Shots Show War Still a Part of Our Future

These screens are allegedly some leaked screens for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. I say "allegedly" because they obviously aren't an officially released thing and they're on a site where I can't understand the language.

As usual, take all things Black Ops II with a grain of salt. As there isn't yet an "official" announcement, these are all rumor and speculation and... who are we kidding, this is all probably as legitimate as can be.

Looks like a FFOW wannabe.

Comment

Re: Allegedly Leaked Black Ops II Shots Show War Still a Part of Our Future

Originally posted by teetsaar123
      Looks like a FFOW wannabe.
      With just a bit of crysis mixed in.

Honestly, this looks bad for the game. Not saying its going to be a bad game, but people are going to think that its not CoD anymore and may be weary in buying it. That and people may be waking up to its repetitiveness, leaving a possibly flopping series, but putting all the blame on treyarch because of its (Potentially) lower sales.

Of course, I could be wrong. But all is speculation anyway, even these images are not entirely confirmed, but then again, MW3 screenies were "leaked" by an "unknown source"...

Comment

translated the site on google translate http://translate.google.com/translat...9.html&act=url

doesnt really say anything that exciting.

Comment

Lol, even in a game from a near future you can still see presets and effects being used from the other games.

Comment

I hope it does flop which then creates a yearly domino effect! only means that people will start innovating a bit more when it comes to FPS instead of trying to copy this worn out series....

Comment

Wasn't Black Ops set in the Cold War? Why did they suddenly jump to the future?

That first screenshot reminds me a lot of 2142 actually. They also look like some kind of a mix between in-game models (the helicopter thingy, which, by the way, looks completely stupid) and concept art (look at the background and the people in the back in the first picture).
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

It's kind sad how I'm not the least bit/remotely excited about this. Bleh, wish I was though.

Comment

Originally posted by =[BG*D]=ApHeX
                  I hope it does flop which then creates a yearly domino effect! only means that people will start innovating a bit more when it comes to FPS instead of trying to copy this worn out series....
                  I would have no issue with that... but even though I have given the last 2 CoD games a miss, Treyarch (the developers of both Black ops) will cop the shit for it, be blamed for "Ruining CoD" again, despite the fact that if you compare their games to Infinity wards, they actually try to do some sort of innovation. Basically there will be a mass mis-blaming. Hell, what might even happen is that Treyarch may get banned from making cods by activision and the IW games will still sell well because of Developer over confindence and we get a more pronounced effect.

Again, speculation and a I think early morning fear mongering.
                  But on a more positive note, I hope that the CoD series, with Infinity ward in it, dies in a massive Michael bay-esque fire.

Comment

Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ted...&feature=g-u-u :|
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                      I would have no issue with that... but even though I have given the last 2 CoD games a miss, Treyarch (the developers of both Black ops) will cop the shit for it, be blamed for "Ruining CoD" again, despite the fact that if you compare their games to Infinity wards, they actually try to do some sort of innovation. Basically there will be a mass mis-blaming. Hell, what might even happen is that Treyarch may get banned from making cods by activision and the IW games will still sell well because of Developer over confindence and we get a more pronounced effect.

Again, speculation and a I think early morning fear mongering.
                      But on a more positive note, I hope that the CoD series, with Infinity ward in it, dies in a massive Michael bay-esque fire.
                      Now that last bit sounds sweet haha

Comment

Working...
                      X