Adam Sessler Departs from G4 Over Contract Dispute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Sessler Departs from G4 Over Contract Dispute

Having been the host of some form of "X-Play" since 1998, Adam Sessler has said goodbye to G4 today with today's showing being his last episode. Both G4 and Sessler have confirmed the departure, with Sessler's representative issuing the following statement.

Television personality Adam Sessler and TV network G4 are parting ways, with Adam's last episode as host of G4's "X-Play" airing on the network today, Wednesday, April 25. Adam has been hosting the show since it first aired as ZDTV's "Gamespot TV" in July 1998 and he also served as Editor In Chief of games content at G4. His current projects include starring as himself in the Summer 2012 movie "noobz" and consulting with a film production company on theatrical feature adaptations of video games. Adam intends to stay in front of the camera and continue as a key voice within the games industry. He also sings and is available for weddings and bar mitzvahs.

Sessler himself just issued one statement on the matter and then went to go take a nap.

Thank you to everyone with your exceedingly kind wishes and thoughts. I think I'll finally take a nap....

It's being reported that Sessler and G4 parted ways on less than favorable terms. While the specifics are not known, it is said that his departure is over a contract dispute.

To many, Sessler and X-Play were the only reason many still tuned into G4, as the rest of the lineup has slowly turned into a haven for poor and dated television. I hope you like watching Cops and Cheaters because I'm sure one day that's the only thing that will be left airing on the station.

I can tolerate Attack of the Show at times thanks to Candace, but X-play is the main reason I watch the channel as well. If Morgan leaves as well then it will go to shite. I'm assuming Blair will take over as he already has co hosted shows before.

Comment

Re: Adam Sessler Departs from G4 Over Contract Dispute

Morgan Webb is still there? I honestly did not know that I thought she would have gone onto something else by now. Maybe I was thinking of Olivia Munn from Attack of the Show.

I haven't watched G4 in probably a year or two in any capacity, so I have no idea what's going on there anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X