Surfing Maps Return to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfing Maps Return to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Though it's not a hugely popular pastime, the art of surfing in games like Counter-Strike and Team Fortress has been around for quite a few years now. One person, BloodEyeV on Youtube, took it upon himself to port over one such surf map from Counter-Strike Source to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

At present, the map porter says that the surfing feels a bit more "floaty" than it does in CSS. That's not too shabby considering the SDK tools aren't officially out yet.

I really have to ask (following on from my earlier posts): is CSGO being made, and is it subsequently going to be bought, to simply play CS1.6 with better graphics? Like what CSS turned out to be a half-hearted attempt at? Because as far as I can see that is what is going on here. Personally, I'm not going to buy this game (and a PC to play it on) just for that "luxury". BF3 was basically BF2 with newer graphics and a blue tint, and CSGO is just CS1.6 with high-res versions of the models, sounds and textures from CSS. Useless!

Comment

YES! NOW IM INTERESTED!

Comment

Re: Surfing Maps Return to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Originally posted by SupaDupaNoodle
        I really have to ask (following on from my earlier posts): is CSGO being made, and is it subsequently going to be bought, to simply play CS1.6 with better graphics? Like what CSS turned out to be a half-hearted attempt at? Because as far as I can see that is what is going on here. Personally, I'm not going to buy this game (and a PC to play it on) just for that "luxury". BF3 was basically BF2 with newer graphics and a blue tint, and CSGO is just CS1.6 with high-res versions of the models, sounds and textures from CSS. Useless!
        Hohoho! Wow. You'd think that if that bolded statement were true, BF3 would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by SupaDupaNoodle
          BF3 was basically BF2 with newer graphics and a blue tint,

LOL AT THE PEOPLE FROM THE INTERWEBZZ

Comment

LOL Indeed, good sirs. I now discount everything Noodle has posted since his start.
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
            X