Robert 'fourzerotwo' Bowling Opens New Game Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert 'fourzerotwo' Bowling Opens New Game Studio

Following his departure from Infinity Ward, Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling has revealed his next venture. He's opened up his own game studio, Robotoki.

In speaking with GameInformer, Bowling revealed why he made the decision to form his own company rather than joining up with an existing one.

“Robotoki is focused on being a developer development studio that just happens to make games,” he said. “We are focused on our team first and everything else second, because I believe as an industry; we have a lot to learn on how to treat talent. While we continue to out stride film and music entertainment in other areas, we are falling severely behind in how to properly inspire and support our creative talent.

Robotoki is "completely self-funded" and will only work with other companies who support that business model.

“I wanted to create an environment where the creative vision holders held complete control over their work and could guide and maintain it from concept to execution."

The studio's first project is in development for "next-gen consoles", PC, and mobile devices such as those running iOS and Android. The game itself is being kept under wraps until later this year.

"(H)ow they experience the world is unique to their device. The mobile / tablet experience should not mimic the console or PC experience, it should be additive to it, not supplemental. Allowing them to support their console and PC experience, continue their progression, but by experiencing the world in a meaningful and unique way."

Bowling added, “Our focus is creating an experience that is no longer strictly single player, strictly co-op, or strictly multiplayer, but adapting the strengths of each of these into a unique experience that is fueled by the actions and contributions in each.”

Re: Robert 'fourzerotwo' Bowling Opens New Game Studio

Meanwhile in 402's head after his expulsion from IW

"I'm going to make my own Game Company, with blackjack, and hookers. Y'know what, screw the game company!"

Comment

We all know his main focus is going to be on Consoles so why try to kid himself.

Comment

Oh this should be good.

Comment

Why not join respawn?

Comment

This was a good laugh this morning, I hope it works out well but it doesn't sound like he knows what he wants to do xD.

Comment

Working...
            X