Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call of Duty Announcement on May 1st -- Prepare for Call of Duty: Eclipse? (Black Ops 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty Announcement on May 1st -- Prepare for Call of Duty: Eclipse? (Black Ops 2)

I know how most everyone here loves their Call of Duty games. Stop laughing, I can hear you! In all seriousness though, a new Call of Duty reveal will be made on May 1st during the NBA playoffs.

This much is a fact given how the official Call of Duty website says this and even includes a countdown timer. Listen, we know there's a new Call of Duty coming this year, just try to act surprised, alright?

However, here is where the rumors and speculation begin. It's long been rumored that the upcoming Call of Duty will be a sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops. Yes, it'd be Black Ops 2 that you're probably going to see later this year. This rumor seems to be given some fuel after some leaked GameStop promotional posters were leaked to Kotaku last week.

According to The Gamerplex, which has even more photographs of the same poster, GameStop employees were informed that the game will be called Call of Duty: Eclipse and Activision will be making their full announcement on May 2.

One can only assume that Activision is now targeting the hardcore Twilight crowd with this name. So get ready! A new Call of Duty is coming and we'll get the first details on May 2nd!

Future Warfare with the same quake 3 engine ... How long are they going to milk dat engine? If they would maybe take a year or two and develop a proper new shiny engine and then start working on a new cod game, people/fans would might even start to bring back some love to the cod series. Yeah, my english sucks, but I hope my thought is comprehensible.

Comment

Re: Call of Duty Announcement on May 1st -- Prepare for Call of Duty: Eclipse? (Black Ops 2)

Originally posted by teetsaar123
      Future Warfare with the same quake 3 engine ... How long are they going to milk dat engine? If they would maybe take a year or two and develop a proper new shiny engine and then start working on a new cod game, people/fans would might even start to bring back some love to the cod series. Yeah, my english sucks, but I hope my thought is comprehensible.
      They'll keep milking it until the cow is dry.

Seeing the sales still going strong, despite the constant anger from the community, I wouldn't expect things to change for a while.

Comment

True, you can't blame them for following a formula that works. It's the customers' fault for buying the damned things every year.

Comment

Re: Call of Duty Announcement on May 1st -- Prepare for Call of Duty: Eclipse? (Black Ops 2)

Though I think this will be the year that it slumps. I think people are starting to realise that its not all its cracked up to be, even hardcore CoD fans are getting bored of it. Though, it may still sell to all the kiddies who want it because they think their all mature (HA)

Comment

I do blame the parents. Why would you buy this stuff for your kids when it is clearly unsuitable for them?

Comment

Comment

Well if my prediction is correct I do feel for treyarch. While the greater community hates them and they fell well short of the PS3 and PC ports quality standards (mainly graphics and optimisation... I mean I cant play it on a mid-range core 2 duo like I could with MW2? WTF?) they still put a lot more effort than Infinity Whores/Sluthammer have put in their renditions.

At this point I am still more likely to pick up Black ops than MW3, despite the fact that the rest of my clan has MW3.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                  Though I think this will be the year that it slumps. I think people are starting to realise that its not all its cracked up to be, even hardcore CoD fans are getting bored of it. Though, it may still sell to all the kiddies who want it because they think their all mature (HA)
                  I actually enjoy the recent Treyarch offerings, at least the single player components. They were refreshing and not quite as formulaic or Michael Bay-esque as MW2 and MW3 have been. They also weren't strictly "modern" in their setting either, which was nice.

Hell, even their multiplayer felt leaps and bounds better than MW2 and MW3. It felt more balanced, less spammy. Despite my hate of MW3, I'm actually looking forward to what Treyarch offers up here.

Comment

See this is the problem with this series and it's the yearly dev switch, people thinking that it's going to be something different when it cleary isn't. You wait till next year, people will of forgotten on how **** IW's mess of a game was and buy into it again!Also Acti's sly way of not releasing demo's slowly reels their core fans in yet again!On another note they can go whistle because MW3 was the last CoD game i will ever buy, noway am i supporting a game that has basically no PC support! Announcing the release for their next pile of crap whilst PC gamers haven't even got a date for the first batch of DLC is an absolute disgrace!!!!!!!!

Comment

Actually i am looking forward to this, i liked blackops, its consideration for us PC folk giving us a server browser, dedi servers, 18 players, and a good single player campaign. so yeah treyarch has my allegiance.

Comment

Working...
                      X