TV Missles Received Much Needed Nerf in Battlefield 3 Server Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Missles Received Much Needed Nerf in Battlefield 3 Server Patch

I'm not sure how I missed this, but apparently a server patch was released the other day for Battlefield 3. This patch aims to bring a bit of balance after the last major patch kind of broke a few things. TV Missiles and paper armor tanks, you had better believe I'm looking at you.

Battlefield 3 Server Patch Notes (4-20-2012)

Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds
    Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
    Tweaked tank armor strength
    MAV elevatoring fix, round 2; proning on the MAV will now disable it
    RCON admin.say command can send to individual players
    A few invalid map+gamemode combinations in maplist.txt could crash the server on startup; these combinations are now rejected instead
    RCON vars.serverDescription was not returning anything in R20 if the string was not set; this has been changed to return “” instead
    RCON player.onChat now reports the target player subset

After playing a bit today, I knew something was different when I was actually able to survive the first hit on my tank. I considered it a minor miracle, but now that I'm finding out this patch was released...

yeh was a good start, they still need to rework the awful suppression mechanic though

Comment

Re: TV Missles Received Much Needed Nerf in Battlefield 3 Server Patch

Ooh. Imagine if they did this in BF2. I can imagine the blood flowing...

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
        Ooh. Imagine if they did this in BF2. I can imagine the blood flowing...
        Funny you should say that because it was like BF2. With the improvements of flares and the jammer along with the distance of the TV missile and reduction in distance of the AA, people couldnt take the heli down. Then the TV missile destroyed everything in one hit, regardless of reactive armor. Not even disable, instant destroy.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Tv missiles now seem even worse than they have ever been with this patch. Before if you missed your target, you could steer the thing into the ground so you didn't have to wait out the entire "flight time". Now when i put it into the ground, it dies but your still forced to wait out the entire time even though the missle is dead. :wall:
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
            Tv missiles now seem even worse than they have ever been with this patch. Before if you missed your target, you could steer the thing into the ground so you didn't have to wait out the entire "flight time". Now when i put it into the ground, it dies but your still forced to wait out the entire time even though the missle is dead. :wall:
            Worse than them destroying the aircraft you were in?

Comment

The good ol' cycle of Dice's buff/nerf. If you need to wait through the entire time (which is quite long and can get you killed) I rather switch to guided missile or something.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                Worse than them destroying the aircraft you were in?
                oops, no, they still do that too!
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                  oops, no, they still do that too!
                  Wow... Shows what I know.

... Stupid heli hogs not giving me time to hog it...

Comment

If youd play when I was on, we could do it. You need the TV missles though.
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah thats the issue... I haven't had enough of a go in Helis to unlock enough stuff...

Comment

Working...
                      X