Spring Battlefield 3 Patch Live on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Battlefield 3 Patch Live on PC

After a long wait, the big Spring update for Battlefield 3 is very much alive and kicking for PC gamers all over. Be sure to update your client through Origin and make sure your Battlelog plugin is also updated.

To those still curious, here is the complete list of changes for the game. There are also some bonus update notes including easy unlock methods, free flares for all air vehicles, and information about the updated commo-rose and mini-map!

Re: Spring Battlefield 3 Patch Live on PC

1.5GB and downloading.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

DOwnloaded, liked the commo rose. Still have black sceens on changing maps, and that's BAD

Comment

downloading...

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
          DOwnloaded, liked the commo rose. Still have black sceens on changing maps, and that's BAD
          But you now know that no patch that DICE is going to release is going to fix that for you.

Comment

Yeah, I think thats a driver/hardware issue.

I find it weird... When I started downloading it took around 15-20 minutes last night about an hour after it was released... was it the same for you non-southern hemisphere dwellers?

Comment

10 minute download for me

Now I'm bracing for the inevitable patch problems
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0

I find it weird... When I started downloading it took around 15-20 minutes last night about an hour after it was released... was it the same for you non-southern hemisphere dwellers?
                Yes, it was about the same.

Comment

Just played a few rounds and right now almost EVERYONE is support. Its crazy. I hope its just a fad. What's worse is they still dont throw down ammo.

Comment

This patch sucks.

Still with broken animations when players are prone. First match I get into includes a very obvious wallhacker. Someone I play with regularly says that his screen goes completely black and flickers between lives and when he changes his mini-map display. This was both before and after he updated his videocard drivers.

Comment

Commo rose is an improvement, still wish it would show in the chatbox like in bf2. As for the patch itself...I agree with some of the changes and disagree with some so meh.. What we need though is BUGFIXES not balance adjustments....

Comment

Yep, typical DICE patch

I can't think of everything, but here is a quick list of pros and cons:

PROS:
                        - Hybrid minimap with full opacity is actually useful
                        - HORNS
                        - They removed the semi auto firing limit, so the semi auto snipers can now be properly used as battle rifles
                        - Commo rose is prettier

CONS:
                        - Minimap is still blue
                        - Game is still blue
                        - The new spawn screen is worse than the previous one (what's with all the flashing flags meaning different things?)
                        - Suppression is rediculous
                        - The attachments seem completely the same
                        - Vehicles are paper thin
                        - The weapons weren't balanced into 50 clones
                        - Sniper rifle tracers are massive
                        - Quick scoping is now in with 15m OSK range
                        - L85 glitch that cancels out recoil
                        - Reloading no longer works when aimed down sights
                        - Commo rose is still useless without the chat messages. Sorry DICE, but I don't understand Russian, nor can I hear any of the voices. And the control of it is still terrible.

And there is definitely more, but this patch was pathetic
                        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1

CONS:

- The weapons weren't balanced into 50 clones
                          Wait, wut?

Though I dunno, I am divided. There is IMO some good, the G3 and the AN94 are not useless peices of crap anymore. I think the bipod with Assault rifles is a bit quicker, was using it with the G3 to some success.

But yeah, there needs to be more notification of what is being said with the commo rose. Among other things.

I at first noticed a crapload of Support, but after a while even that shrunk down...

Comment

yeah, I used the an94 and had a lot of fun with it! I didn't really die with it and got revived to see if the firing mode auto switching bug was fixed but the damage was ok

Comment

The hybrid minimap is ok, the only annoying thing is when you click on the map button it's still just the bigger minimap as opposed as full map like the old BF.

The game is far less blue too.

And all weapons seems balanced now, they were too many crap weapons before (G3, AK74m for example). That's the problems when you have a ton of weapons (and they will include more with the DLCs to come)...

Vehicles were nerfed too much I agree, since the repair tool was nerfed (and rightfully so) there was no need to make them paper thin. If there was no vehicles regeneration it would be better for balance.

Commo-rose is just a tiny better, you need chat notifications otherwise it's almost useless (you just hear the voice louder than before).

Overall I think it's good patch, just :
                              -rebuff the vehicles a little (heli should still be one-shot by tanks/rpgs though)
                              -readd more time for lock-on against air target (except stingers)
                              -add more time to be fully suppressed
                              -improve commo-rose
                              -improve map screen (don't know if a enemy flag is being captured by friendlies or if enemies are capturing a friendly flag because it flashs blue in both cases...)
                              -fix bugs (aa missiles explosing before impact, l85a2 laser glitch etc)

Comment

Working...
                              X