BioWare Changing the Ending to Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioWare Changing the Ending to Mass Effect 3

Just like that, BioWare's co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka revealed today that the Mass Effect 3 team is working on expanding and changing the ending to the game.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.

The rest of the blog addresses a few other issues, such as how the criticisms of the game have gone from constructive to destructive in nature, to the fact that it's received a ton of perfect review scores from the gaming media.

How do you feel about this move? It seems like a bit of a damned if they do, damned if they don't scenario here.

This is actually great news, i wont be reinstalling the game however i will be sure to catch it on youtube, and somewhere down the line will replay the title if the ending is worth it. My 2 cents.

Comment

I really applaud Bioware for making Mass Effect possible, it was easily the most ambitious project this generation, even if the ending was bad/incomplete/whatever.

Comment

Re: BioWare Changing the Ending to Mass Effect 3

I haven't played any of the Mass Effects, but from everything that I have read, Bioware made it a damned if do/dont issue. They created an amazing game and story line, something you dont see much in a game anymore, and then took a cheap way out that went against everything they did in the other two games. From my understanding, all your decisions from all the games determined your ending. So why did that path end up only being 3 minor different endings? If Sci-fi has taught us all anything is that there are millions of outcomes from even the simplest decisions.

Im not saying Bioware needed to make a million different endings, but 10 would have been nice. To build up the idea that all these outcomes are possible and then to funnel them all into a few little options, well, that would make a lot of people angry.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The options were shite, three endings with different colored explosions, i wanted my shepard to live witht he romance option i picked, i am sorry if i sound like a bitch but i paid 60 GBP i deserve it, thats why sometimes i pirate my way into a game.

Comment

pls Bioware, don't rush a end-dlc.

Comment

Working...
            X