Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BioWare GM Tells User to "Go Fuck Yourself" in Wake of Attack on Mass Effect Writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioWare GM Tells User to "Go Fuck Yourself" in Wake of Attack on Mass Effect Writer

Wow, where to begin with this. About a week ago, some users twisted the words of BioWare writer, Jennifer Hepler, around from an interview she did back in 2006.

In this interview, Hepler allegedly said that she would have loved to include a fast-forward button in games in order to skip fighting sequences in order to get to the next dialogue options. In addition, there were also apparently mentions from her about an entire chapter in Mass Effect 3 about Shepard "coming out" as being gay. In response, the oh-so-mature gaming community thought it best to make fun of Hepler, calling her a "cancer that is killing BioWare", a "disease", and other such choice words.

The insults didn't end there as users took to Twitter to continue insulting her. Well, it turns out that the GM for BioWare Edmonton, Aaryn Flynn, had had enough. He responded to one such Twitter user with a choice three word remark of "Go fuck yourself."

Of course, @zythyl had to respond back but that's just the nature of the Internet and brats.

However, Flynn continued to make similar remarks to other users on Twitter who also showed a complete lack of maturity. Saying to one Twitter user that they were "an idiot", telling another to "fuck off", and saying that yet another was a "fucking moron."

Sure, this is just a case of a person stooping down to the level of the people he's having to deal with but it gets better! Jennifer Hepler made her own reply to all of those giving her grief about the things said in the past. And wow, was it ever a really stupid thing to say.

@yukidama Thanks. I just figure they're jealous that I get to have both a vagina AND a games industry job, and they can't get either.

Glad to see all parties involved are handling this like mature, sensible adults! Hepler is credited with writing credits on Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II, and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

What a turn off to ME3. I don't care what was said to them, they are supposed to be the pros. Mass Effect has an amazing story and instead of Helpers fast forward idea, it would be nice if you could just pull all the cut sceens together into a little mini video to play any time you wish after finishing the game.Loved Dragon Age but DAII was total crap. Just utter trash. I certainly would omit that one from my resume.

Comment

Re: BioWare GM Tells User to "Go Fuck Yourself" in Wake of Attack on Mass Effect Writer

Trollbait!

Comment

Working...
      X