Notch's Idea to Fund Psychonauts 2 is at a Standstill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notch's Idea to Fund Psychonauts 2 is at a Standstill

About a week or so ago, Notch Tweeted that he was quite seriously interested in helping to fund the development of Psychonauts 2. Since then, both he and Tim Schafer (Double Fine) have been quiet on the particular matter.

However, yesterday, Notch updated his Tumblr blog with some updated news and what you are about to read may be rather disappointing.

Here are the facts of what’s happening now, from my perspective:
    - Tim and I haven’t spoken much at all other than a couple of emails.
    - We mentioned meeting at GDC, I hope that will happen
    - I assume Double Fine will be very busy for many months with the kickstarter project
    - The budget for doing a Psychonauts 2 is three times higher than my initial impression
    - A couple of other parties have mentioned also being interested in investing in it
    - I would not be investing in this as a charity. It would be because I think the game would be profitable
    - And naturally, I wouldn’t want to have any creative input in the game. It would be purely a high risk investment in a project I believe in.

Notch continues on to state that he has "NO idea if this is actually going to happen.(...) IF the numbers work out and IF they still want to do it and IF they don’t decide to self fund a sequel by doing more crowd funding (which is honestly what I would’ve done if I were them), I would be most interested in doing this type of investment."

So while Notch is still interested provided a number of variables fall into place just so. Be sure to keep an eye out for future updates, but for now I do believe Double Fine will be hard at work developing their Double Fine Adventure that has now raised nearly $2 million through Kickstarter alone. Additional payment levels through Double Fine's site were added, which may place the total donations at over $2 million already.

Wow notch is such a douche bag

Comment

Re: Notch's Idea to Fund Psychonauts 2 is at a Standstill

Originally posted by defragen1
      Wow notch is such a douche bag
      how so?

Comment

Working...
      X