Torrent Site BTJunkie Closes Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torrent Site BTJunkie Closes Shop

Another file sharing site has bit the dust yesterday. BTJunkie has voluntarily shut down its site as a result of the pressure placed upon similar sites and the closure of sites similar to BTJunkie.

Those visiting BTJunkie are greeted with a short, final message from the team.

btjunkie
    2005 - 2012

This is the end of the line my friends. The decision does not come easy, but we've decided to voluntarily shut down. We've been fighting for years for your right to communicate, but it's time to move on. It's been an experience of a lifetime, we wish you all the best!

Torrent news site, TorrentFreak, had a short interview with the unnamed founder of BTJunkie.

BTjunkie’s founder said that the legal actions against other file-sharing sites such as MegaUpload and The Pirate Bay played an important role in making the difficult decision. Witnessing all the trouble colleagues got into was cause for a lot of worry and stress, and those will now belong to the past.

That said, BTjunkie’s owner still thinks there might be a future for other BitTorrent sites.

“I really do hope so, the war is far from over for sure,” he told TorrentFreak.

BTJunkie was reportedly one of the top five most visited torrent sites of 2011 according to Alexa rankings and other ranking metric services.

This is an extremely sad day to see this. This makes me more angry as to what the world has come to, forcing sites to shut down even ones that I understand are used widely for illegal activity and other stuff but also offered a lot of good free stuff that was meant to be free. More and more reasons why the world governments are becoming worthless pieces of . They maybe shut down torrents, but more will arise and new technology will replace that which was taken down, it has been said and proven before and it will happen yet again. I still see a future of darknets starting to become extremely popular soon and a lot more VPN access used.

Comment

WHAT?!
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Re: Torrent Site BTJunkie Closes Shop

fudge!

they will single them out and take them down ,one by one .

Comment

Re: Torrent Site BTJunkie Closes Shop

I cant say that it bothers me. I dont think these sites would exist anyway without pirated content

Comment

Working...
          X