Sony Confirms PS Vita Games will be Cheaper when Downloaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Confirms PS Vita Games will be Cheaper when Downloaded

Confirming a speculative story with Shacknews, Sony revealed that if you choose to purchase a digital download version of a PS Vita title, it will be cheaper than buying a physical copy of the same game.

A Sony representative has confirmed the discount. "I can confirm that there will be a discount on the downloadable PS Vita titles from PSN. Exact details have not yet been revealed, but be on the lookout for an announcement in the very near future."

This falls in line with how the release has gone in Japan. That region already includes discounts on downloaded games for the PS Vita.

Probably the best thing about all of this is the fact that retailers such as Best Buy will sell both physical copies of games and redeemable code that can be purchased. If Sony's promise holds true to Best Buy, prices will be roughly 10% cheaper on those redeemable codes.

Re: Sony Confirms PS Vita Games will be Cheaper when Downloaded

I think I missed it somewhere, but what physical Distribution method are they doing? Are they doing like a UMD2 or something or is it just a boring ol' DVD (not that I know how one would fit in the thing if it is the same size as a PSP though...)

Edit: Nevermind. Found it. Its called the "NGV" and its... a cartridge... of a sort (looks more like a sony cybershot memory card though)... The irony is hiliarously delicious...

Comment

Re: Sony Confirms PS Vita Games will be Cheaper when Downloaded

Originally posted by 5t3v0
      I think I missed it somewhere, but what physical Distribution method are they doing? Are they doing like a UMD2 or something or is it just a boring ol' DVD (not that I know how one would fit in the thing if it is the same size as a PSP though...)

Edit: Nevermind. Found it. Its called the "NGV" and its... a cartridge... of a sort (looks more like a sony cybershot memory card though)... The irony is hiliarously delicious...

A memory card, more or less.

Comment

Working...
      X