More Xbox 720 Rumors: Blu-Ray Support and No Used Games Allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Xbox 720 Rumors: Blu-Ray Support and No Used Games Allowed

Another day, another batch of Xbox 720 rumors to address. This time G4 and Kotaku are reporting that the Xbox 720 will sport a Blu-Ray/DVD hybrid drive.

"Unnamed sources" informed Kotaku that it will support both media formats and will be up to eight times more powerful than the Xbox 360. It will allegedly also use smaller controllers and launch with an updated Kinect peripheral.

Allegedly, the new console will also have some means in place to disallow the playing of used games. Obviously, details on any of this are few and far between and are, as mentioned, nothing more than pure rumor right now.

With the rumors for the Xbox 720 heating up, it seems like some sort of an announcement will arrive at this year's E3 (June 5-7).

Re: More Xbox 720 Rumors: Blu-Ray Support and No Used Games Allowed

Wow that would put a damper on Gamestop sales. But how would the machine know that it is a used game?

Comment

Hmm... Probably (if it turns out to be true) in a way that us PC gamers have known for years... CD keys.

Comment

So their switching to Bluray; score another victory for Sony. Considering the specs released so far on the 720 are "8" times more powerful it still isn't impressive. Not when my 1 year old PC is still 10x more powerful than it, there already starting behind. I only buy games new so it doesn't effect me but I imagine that won't be good for gaming. Maybe this will "reborn" PC gaming to top dog!
        PSN: Xclusiveitalian
        Steam: Stryker
        Origin: Xclusiveitalian
        Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Well as for High Capacity DVD's with Toshiba's HD DVD (that the 360 hilariously backed... Half Heartedly) Out of the running for a wee while now its not like they have much choice. And Hard drive install is still not standardised so its not like its any surprise.

Comment

Gamespot is a dinosaur. Glad to see Blu ray but digital distribution is the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy_Mullet
              Gamespot is a dinosaur. Glad to see Blu ray but digital distribution is the future.
              Oh yeah, Digital Download... Now thats a safe horse to bet now I think about it.

Comment

Working...
              X