Call of Duty Elite Maps Tied to One User Profile on One Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty Elite Maps Tied to One User Profile on One Console

The hits just keep on coming from Call of Duty Elite-land. A number of people are complaining on the Call of Duty forums that the DLC maps they picked up through the Call of Duty Elite service can only be played on one account per console.

Yep, this means that only the person who bought the game can play the maps! If you have friends or family that play on your console regularly, you either have to grant them use of your Live profile or they're SOL!

"I just tried on my other account and you are right, I cannot use the maps on the same Xbox with another gamertag even though it's all on the same xbox," notes forum user HalfericTuck, just one of many complaining fans. Reader Aaron, who alerted us to this issue, told Joystiq, "My girlfriend, whom I live with, cannot play the maps. My friend's teenage sons cannot play the maps."

Apparently, the maps are supposed to be available to all users on the first console the DLC is downloaded to. This is, obviously, not the case.

This news courtesy of the Call of Duty forums via Joystiq.

I guess I spoke too soon on that other post and Activision can actually alienate its entire demographic.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Re: Call of Duty Elite Maps Tied to One User Profile on One Console

Heh, justice!

Comment

Calll offfff moneyyyyyyyyyyyyy Modern Scam III Elite!
        PSN: Xclusiveitalian
        Steam: Stryker
        Origin: Xclusiveitalian
        Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Re: Call of Duty Elite Maps Tied to One User Profile on One Console

Heh heh heh
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
          X