EA's Origin Grows, Adds 11 New Publishers to the Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA's Origin Grows, Adds 11 New Publishers to the Service

EA's digital distribution service, Origin, is growing quite rapidly. Today, EA announced that 11 new publishers have joined up to have their games sold through Origin.

These publishers include Trion Worlds, Robot Entertainment, CD PROJEKT RED, Freebird Games, Recoil Games, Autumn Games, 1C Company, inXile Entertainment, Paradox Interactive, Core LEarning Ltd., and N3V Games.

“Origin is focused on providing choice to consumers and the games they play,” said Craig Rechenmacher, Vice President of Business Development and Marketing for Origin at EA. “From blockbuster franchises to high-quality independent titles, we’re bringing the industry’s best content to one place. We’re excited to welcome new partners and a diverse new line-up of titles to Origin today.”

“The digital versions of Rift have seen incredible success, and Origin offers an ideal direct-to-consumer avenue for gamers interested in experiencing the rich world of Telara,” said Jim Butler, Trion’s Senior Director of Global Marketing. “Origin has established itself as a destination for top titles currently available in the evolving digital marketplace, so it’s definitely a place that Trion wants to be.”

Most of the games have not yet been added to Origin yet outside of Rift but you can still check that out right here.

BF3 really brought up it's numbers but I don't see Origin surviving too long as once BF3 dies down I believe so will Origin.
    PSN: Xclusiveitalian
    Steam: Stryker
    Origin: Xclusiveitalian
    Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Re: EA's Origin Grows, Adds 11 New Publishers to the Service

I dont think so and thats just because EA is tying all their games to it. You want an EA game means you want Origin.

I know that doesnt sound like a big deal, but think about all the franchises like Madden, Mass Effect, Dead Space, FIFA, etc...

Then remove them from Steam on top of that and you have plenty of people to keep it alive and well. Then grow like they are doing, do some improvements (a lot of improvements) and Origin is up and going for a very long time.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
      X