Article: Diablo III Will NOT Arrive on February 1st - UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Diablo III Will NOT Arrive on February 1st - UPDATE

Update 2: Bashiok outright said just two hours ago that Diablo III does not yet have a release date set by Blizzard.

Diablo III does not have a release date. Any store or person claiming otherwise is guessing.

Update 1: It looks like this was Best Buy getting ahead of themselves. Ignoring the misspelling of "February" in the display, Blizzard's Community Manager, Bashiok, responded with a LOL to someone inquiring about the date. Seems like Best Buy wanted to be the first on the block to a speculative release date.

Original: If the display at a Best Buy retailer is to be believed, as well as numerous online retailers, it looks like Diablo III is coming to North America on February 1, 2012.

Arthur Gies from Joystiq noticed the display and snapped a quick photo. Retailers in the UK are noting a February 3rd release date which would jive nicely with the earlier release in North America typical to most game releases.

Blizzard has not yet announced anything so this may still not be the final release date for Diablo III (but let's keep hope alive that it is).

Diablo III is going to be the next Duke Nukem honestly. They keep waiting, waiting, waiting, and everyone who played Diablo II growing up...has grown up a-lot. The game isn't hard to make, yet has taken them years upon years doing who knows what. It will release with outdated "artistically" graphics. Don't get me wrong I own both Diablo's, and every expansion including hellfire. Hate how World of Warcraft-y there making the series look. Online auctions, and such, as dumb as it sounds is welcoming compared to the insane amount of bots in DII these days. I just feel to long is to long, the hype behind it is gone. This game better be the greatest of it's type and replayable for years otherwise I don't know what took them years to do, unless there holding off to go...free to play...
    PSN: Xclusiveitalian
    Steam: Stryker
    Origin: Xclusiveitalian
    Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

"Isn't hard to make" Sorry, but have you made a game before in any capacity? Have you played the beta as I have?

Comment

Actually, I did play the Beta and was not that happy. Diablo I is still my favorite of the three. Diablo II was a ton of fun but graphically Diablo III looks to similar to World of Warcraft and probably with good reason, to appeal to them. I loved Diablo I because it felt dark, and fleeing the butcher was terrifying if low level...those were good times. The atmosphere is different, but don't let my anger dilute their effort because I don't mean to, I just don't like the direction there going in.
        PSN: Xclusiveitalian
        Steam: Stryker
        Origin: Xclusiveitalian
        Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Re: Diablo III May Arrive on February 1st

Ah so I'm not the only one in the world who prefer the dark atmosphere of Diablo 1.

Comment

I've loved Diablo since the day it came out and I installed it on my Win95 machines and played it for a whole night when it first came out. I still played D2 up to this day just because it is something to do and never really lost its play valve to me. I've played the D3 beta probably well over 100+ hours now after resets because I enjoy the game that much. It might not have the world's most high powered amazing graphics, but this type of game doesn't need things like that, it has a great story line, co-op play, it keeps to what I've been waiting for years and year. I loved Duke Nukem also and was not disappointed with the game, graphics were meh but the game was what I wanted it. Its the same thing with D3 I want to game installed on my computer so I can be playing it for the next 10+ years like I did with Diablo 1 and 2 and the xpacs.

Comment

Working...
            X