No announcement yet.

2GB Update Coming Next Week for Battlefield 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 GB of editing note files? You know they are including stuff for the Back of Karkand pack in there!
    PSN: Xclusiveitalian
    Steam: Stryker
    Origin: Xclusiveitalian
    Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Re: 2GB Update Coming Next Week for Battlefield 3

Originally posted by Stryker
      2 GB of editing note files? You know they are including stuff for the Back of Karkand pack in there!
      That's why they said this:

The client update is large because it contains most of the content for Back to Karkand. This is not ideal, so we aim to make potential DLC content in the future as optional downloads.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I skimped haha
        PSN: Xclusiveitalian
        Steam: Stryker
        Origin: Xclusiveitalian
        Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
          Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.
          I like this somewhat, but really, I know I might be asking a little too much, but it would be slick if they made the 'preferable' way to fire was burst, then there should be a way to set it as your default some place when building out your kit. I don't like every time I spawn in with he AEK, having to hit "v" twice. Takes away from the flow of the game and my enjoyment.

Comment

The default stuff really bugs me when it comes to camo and fire selection. You can setup your configuration on everything else, but things like that.
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

This is good news:

Min player requirements

Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode. We changed it back after getting a lot of negative feedback from both individuals and the RSP companies.

Our plan for the future is to introduce a warm-up mode, where players can move about and play the game, but with scoring disabled; then, when the number of players goes above the threshold -- that's when the real round starts.

Comment

Just started downloading that patch. It says 3.9 GB. Wow. Hmm...what else can be in it besides Karkand?

Comment

So after downloading a patch that was almost double the expected size, I hop onto two servers with a friend. The pings showed fine in the server browser but actually playing in game the servers were laggy as hell. It wasn't just me either, my friend noticed the bad lag moreso as did other players in the server My ping never actually displayed for me in the scoreboard either, yet my friend said he could see my ping just fine.

... Quality!

Comment

Yeah, they miscalculated that filesize a bit.
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Yes you can't see your own ping, I don't know why, it's not like you're connected in P2P with the others... And if everyone had lag it was the server because for me everything works fine for now.

Comment

I think the lag is caused by that network adjustment thing and people dont know what it is, so are not adjusting it.

Set it about 40% and the lag will probably stop.

Comment

I played some later in the day and all was fine, without any adjusting. I think it was just the fact that the servers were probably still under strain from everyone updating and Battlelog having one of its "moments" again.

Comment

Working...
                          X