Yogscast Issues Statement Against Notch's Claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yogscast Issues Statement Against Notch's Claims

Shortly after Minecon 2011 wrapped up, Notch took it upon himself to lay on some rather heavy claims that one of the more popular creators of Minecraft videos, Yogscast. He said, in short, that the group were acting like spoiled divas during the event.

After recovering from their lengthy trip back and the start of the flu, Simon and Lewis from the Yogscast issued the following statement to Reddit (originally on their forums but their site became overloaded).

We are very disappointed by these tweets from someone we admire and respect. We can understand that it was the morning after the deadmau5 party and Notch was very tired, but we are still fairly upset. The quotes and actions that Notch attributed to us were not said by us or published anywhere by us. Therefore we are surprised and confused about where this stuff has come from - especially since the only time we spoke to Notch was at the interview.

Regarding dropping f-bombs at the show - we apologise for this, but had rehearsed the whole show in front of the organisers and half of Mojang and they had approved it. We were given no guidelines or oversight in the weeks leading up to Minecon and there were ample opportunities at the rehearsal for Mojang to inform us of problems, such as being careful about swearing, which is pretty common in our youtube videos.

Out of all the tweets that Notch sent out, most hurtful was the accusation that we told a kid to “fuck off” and crossed out another signature – which is something we would never ever do.

We loved spending time with fans and were overwhelmed by how many people were there to support us and give us gifts. Simon has enough Jaffas to last him until the middle of 2012. The problem was that Minecon is a new show and organisation was pretty bad, and when we came to the scheduled signing sessions, nothing had been set up for us and we had to scrabble around to fetch tables, ropes and pens ourselves. With some younger kids around, it was our priority to make sure everything was safe, as we have seen injuries in the past.

This lack of organization contributed to long and confused lines and we were heartbroken to have to turn away so many people when we ran out of time. Simon can only handle a certain amount of time between cups of coffee and nicotine tablets before collapsing, but we made a real effort to get out there and managed to do about six hours of signing. Although we were frustrated, we would never have treated fans in the way that Notch suggested we did. (READ MORE...)

Believe whomever you want to as there are always two sides to the story, but it is very telling when a couple of guys who produce videos in their own house issue a more professional statement than someone from a multi-million dollar company. A statement, mind you, not issued through Twitter either.

Re: Yogscast Issues Statement Against Notch's Claims

Thats too bad. Seems a few people are starting to get a bit carried away with the fame :/
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I don't think Notch would make anything up but I don't see the Yogscast doing anything of the sort. Maybe this sounds weird but I don't think they would be assertive enough to act like that.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I think we should all tread carefully before we form an opinion.

Notch stated he was tired, and often emotions can emphasis things we do not like or make us less forgiving of actions or people.

Regrading the Yogcast I approach with more skepticism, while I admire their work and what they have achieved, it would not surprise me if they acted in this manner. You cannot judge a Youtube personality by their channel videos... it is an act, they are entertainers.

I think it is best to take a more neutral stance.

Comment

"it is very telling when a couple of guys who produce videos in their own house issue a more professional statement than someone from a multi-million dollar company. A statement, mind you, not issued through Twitter either."Except Notch told everyone right away and didn't wait 3 days to inform everyone on there side of the story. I'm a fan of there YouTube channel but I believe Notch more on this.
          PSN: Xclusiveitalian
          Steam: Stryker
          Origin: Xclusiveitalian
          Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
              I think we should all tread carefully before we form an opinion.

Notch stated he was tired, and often emotions can emphasis things we do not like or make us less forgiving of actions or people.

Regrading the Yogcast I approach with more skepticism, while I admire their work and what they have achieved, it would not surprise me if they acted in this manner. You cannot judge a Youtube personality by their channel videos... it is an act, they are entertainers.

I think it is best to take a more neutral stance.
              Try searching for Yogscast at Minecon on Youtube or some variation thereof. There have been tons of videos put up by fans who attended that show they were behaving themselves, in direct contrast to what Notch claims. If you're still surprised at anything after those videos then I don't know what more to possibly tell you.

Originally posted by Stryker
              Except Notch told everyone right away and didn't wait 3 days to inform everyone on there side of the story. I'm a fan of there YouTube channel but I believe Notch more on this.
              While we're on the subject of baseless claims, I guess I should have mentioned (though I shouldn't have to) that it was stated on the Yogscast Twitter that they were on a 14 hour flight back from the States and that they had to 1. actually get some sleep and 2. recover from illnesses.

Oh wait, my bad, I DID say that in the third line of the news post.

Notch has made up a lot of crap in his time. If there's anybody I would distrust in this or in just about any case, it's him.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                Try searching for Yogscast at Minecon on Youtube or some variation thereof. There have been tons of videos put up by fans who attended that show they were behaving themselves, in direct contrast to what Notch claims. If you're still surprised at anything after those videos then I don't know what more to possibly tell you.
                Once again we can only say so much, and since there is no solid proof we cannot determine.

From a PR view it would be incredibly stupid for Notch to fabricate these claims, something I would find incredibly hard to believe if he did.

And if he did, for what purpose? Once again, we do not know when these things were said, chances are not during the videos 'fans' have posted online.

We simply know too little.

Comment

Lets say what everyone said is true. If Notch was upset with how they behaived yet Yogscast went through rehersals and no other guidelines were given and they were given the OK, then whos QQing?

Not to mention the fact, its not fiction, you can youtube it, there is no evidence of Yogscast doing anything.

Personally though, it was a great party and spirits were high and you mix that with "friendship" and everyone being happy for each other and someone usually has to "ruin" it by some behavior. To me, it sounds like both sides did something to each other and if they all showed a little restraint, this wouldnt be a discussion.
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The Yogscast dudes are an excitable bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                      Lets say what everyone said is true. If Notch was upset with how they behaived yet Yogscast went through rehersals and no other guidelines were given and they were given the OK, then whos QQing?

Not to mention the fact, its not fiction, you can youtube it, there is no evidence of Yogscast doing anything.
                      Does anyone know when this happened? has Notch actually said when it occurred? if not we have no idea when they apparently said this, so selected 5 minute videos will not give adequate insight.

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                      Personally though, it was a great party and spirits were high and you mix that with "friendship" and everyone being happy for each other and someone usually has to "ruin" it by some behavior. To me, it sounds like both sides did something to each other and if they all showed a little restraint, this wouldnt be a discussion.
                      This, it probably came out of a misunderstanding, this would normally be the case.

Comment

Well here is a response from Notch:

Hey, @yogscast! I'm sorry about being a dick.

Comment

Working...
                        X