Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion Time - Talk About TES V: Skyrim in Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Time - Talk About TES V: Skyrim in Here!

We've probably all had a chance to play a considerable amount of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, so here's where you can share your thoughts. It's a bit of a late weekend discussion thread but you can talk about things you've liked or disliked about the game.

Perhaps you've found a cool mod already? Maybe learned of some great tweaks that will help prevent crashing, make the game run and look better, or just does something really cool?

Feel free to share your thoughts in here, but just remember to try to keep the discussion spoiler free. If you have to give away some plot elements, feel free to use the SPOILER tags.

As for yours truly, the most I've done so far in terms of tweaks has been to force v-sync and triple buffering with D3DOverrider, disable the built-in v-sync, change my FOV to 90 and just a few minor tweaks to the water quality.

16 hours in and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface of what there is to do in the game, there's just so much!

Re: Discussion Time - Talk About TES V: Skyrim in Here!

We need Total Elder Scrolls! >O

I haven't played it and it's killing me, the version released here is Spanish only and I really don't like that.
    Ordered from the internet and got the notification it should arrive on Tuesday.

I'd get the PC version, but I like my RPG's for console, just because I like to drop on the couch and stay there for hours. I'll try to get the PC version sometime since the modding community for the franchise is one of the best out there.

Comment

Also, someone here might appreciate this tweaking guide.http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/11/th...-fov-and-more/

Comment

I'm presently listening to my friend on Vent describe to me how he got married to a chick in the game, afterwards he is challenged to a drinking contest with some guy. The rest is prime spoiler territory. [spoileri]The game goes from the drinking game to him waking up in a trashed in some building he wasn't familiar with, the place was trashed. The owners force him to clean the place up before explaining what happened. Turns out during his black out period in the game he and this guy, some prince of debauchery or whatever, ended up possibly getting married and becoming best buds. His wife that he married was ticked off at him the next morning, they are no longer married, etc.[/spoileri] This game is nuts.

Comment

I pre-ordered it on 11/10/11 from Amazon, so it should be here this week.

Comment

I impulse bought it off Steam on Friday. Even though I have no idea what I'm doing, I love the game.

I've never played an ES game before, so I'm kinda lost. Still getting the hang of it. There's so much to do that my OCD is making me go crazy.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
              I impulse bought it off Steam on Friday. Even though I have no idea what I'm doing, I love the game.

I've never played an ES game before, so I'm kinda lost. Still getting the hang of it. There's so much to do that my OCD is making me go crazy.
              I know what you mean, when I first played Morrowind I was like "WTF is going on?!", same thing happened with Oblivion, even though I had a little idea on what to expect, they added voice acting for the first time in a TES game ... I had absolutely no idea what the NPCs were talking about.

It'll grown on you, it's my favorite franchise and can't wait to lay my hands on Skyrim.

Comment

I'm new on TGN, but I have been following the site for a while and decided it was time to jump in after seeing this because I love Skyrim so far. But about being completely disoriented by Elder Scrolls, last year I got Oblivion (pretty late) and I played the story mode and basically got bored with the game and stopped playing. A friend came over and they told me about all this stuff I could do and I made a new character and hopped right back in. I played for a long time after that, and recently got Skyrim. I thought it was basically just story mode.Sorry for asking this, but is there anywhere on this site that will teach me how to cover up spoilers and quote directly from another person + other stuff?The game is definitely great though. I feel really bad but I think I've already put in a good 14 hours of gameplay (I only do this when a game first comes out) and done a lot of stuff already. I think I finished most of the important Dark Brotherhood stuff, now it's just randomly generated quests, but I haven't joined the mages guild or thieves guild. I want to finish the story but I think the dragons might stop spawning if I do (although I'm not sure what the ending is) and I want to keep on learning shouts and stuff. I just realized that shouts are really easy to find. You just have to run around in cities and shout a lot, then a courier will come up to you with a not from "a friend" and the note will give you the location of another shout. The one thing that bothers me a small bit is the textures up close look pretty bad. Any further than right in front of your face is fine, but right in front of your face is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
                  I know what you mean, when I first played Morrowind I was like "WTF is going on?!", same thing happened with Oblivion, even though I had a little idea on what to expect, they added voice acting for the first time in a TES game ... I had absolutely no idea what the NPCs were talking about.

It'll grown on you, it's my favorite franchise and can't wait to lay my hands on Skyrim.
                  I haven't even delved into magic, smithing, or basically anything other than knocking enemies in the head with a warhammer.
                  Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I'm going through the Thieves Guild stuff now, totally placing the main story on hold for some side quest stuff.

But unrelated was when I had to retrieve a mammoth tusk for a sidequest. I venture to the nearest area where there are mammoths and giants. I start picking at a mammoth from afar with my bow until I eventually get detected. At this point I have a mammoth and a giant chasing me around the fields. Suddenly, a dragon shows up. So now it's three against one, I'm running and occassionally turning back around to fire off some magic or arrows.

I somehow run into a bandit camp, so then the bandit starts chasing me as well, he fortunately goes down quick.

Long story short, I finally taken down the mammoth and then this happens:
                    1. http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/64...EF459CF37CCBC/
                    2. http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/64...F573B163FF3F2/

The entire thing, from first attack of the bow and arrow to taking down everything and not dying was easily one of the most amazing things experienced in a game and it wasn't even a main part to the story!

Comment

Additional: I just recorded some dialogue for a video "review" for the game. I'll be recording footage and editing it tomorrow. Not that I really need to sell most of you guys on the game it'll still be nice to have up.

Comment

Great, I'll wait for it!Apparently my game has arrived to the shipping office, should be here tomorrow, NICE!

Comment

The game was in the mail today! I've never ran up the stairs so fast lol

Comment

Working...
                          X