New Xbox Console Codenamed "Loop" May Use Modified Windows 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Xbox Console Codenamed "Loop" May Use Modified Windows 9

The latest word from a "reputable" Microsoft leak blogger, MS nerd, is that the Xbox 720 development is currently coming along at a good clip. It is currently under the internal codename of "Loop", may support a variation of the not yet announced Windows 9 operating system, will be cheaper and smaller than the Xbox 360.

With a heady mix of rumors, tips and speculation, I am now stating that Xbox codename “loop” (the erstwhile XboxTV) will indeed debut a modified Win9 core. It will use a Zune HD-like hardware platform—a “main” processor with multiple dedicated assistive cores for graphics, AI, physics, sound, networking, encryption and sensors. It will be custom designed by Microsoft and two partners based on the ARM architecture. It will be cheaper than the 360, further enabling Kinect adoption. And it will be far smaller than the 360. It will also demonstrate how Windows Phone could possible implement Win9’s dev platform on the lower end.

Keep in mind that this is merely a rumor right now coming from an alleged Microsoft insider. It will be interesting to see if any of these rumors pan out though.

Why would M$ make it cheaper?$?? We can hope, but I wouldn't count on it.
    PSN: Xclusiveitalian
    Steam: Stryker
    Origin: Xclusiveitalian
    Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Re: New Xbox Console Codenamed "Loop" May Use Modified Windows 9

Originally posted by Stryker
      Why would M$ make it cheaper?$??
      To increase game sales. I belive both the 360 and PS3 intially was sold below cost.

Comment

they had better shove a huge amount of RAM into it, no excuses given the price of memory

Comment

no optical drive please

Comment

Re: New Xbox Console Codenamed "Loop" May Use Modified Windows 9

Originally posted by defy487385
            no optical drive please
            I would think there would need to be. I know most have internet, but there is actually a very large percentage that do not. Also, if its to have blue ray/DVD player options it would need one.

Of course, it could always be an option instead of a mandatory thing. Cut a few dollars on it without a player.
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
            X