No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto 5 to Take Place in Los Angeles, May Have Multiple Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto 5 to Take Place in Los Angeles, May Have Multiple Characters

The latest rumor comes to us from Kotaku who has heard from super secret inside sources that Grand Theft Auto V will take place in Los Angeles and may feature multiple playable characters. For those thinking back, you may remember that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas also took place in Los Angeles for a significant portion of the game.

We're also hearing from multiple sources that the game will feature more than just one playable character. That would seem to be a natural evolution for the series. Following the release of the PlayStation 2's Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto Vice City, PSP games set in the same cities as those console games, let player control a single new character apiece, establishing the idea that there's more than one life worth living in a Rockstar-made GTA city.(...)

Back when GTA IV was being shown to press, Rockstar representatives would stress the importance of the number in the title. As successful as Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas were, they noted, it was the game that preceded them, GTA III that was a paradigm shift. They hoped and believed that GTA IV, by being a numbered game would have and merit some outsized influence of its own. If that is still the company's philosophy, then after Grand Theft Auto IV's un-numbered episodes, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, a numbered GTA V should again merit special attention. Shifting cities was not sufficient cause for a new numbered GTA before. A change to the series' formula, however, one that gives players more than one controllable character, would.

Los Angeles would not be new territory for the team at Rockstar. As mentioned, it was featured in GTA: San Andreas, Midnight Club, and more recently, L.A. Noire. Whatever the case may be, let's also hope it includes some of the large wilderness areas and crazy gameplay elements that made San Andreas one of the best entries in the GTA universe.

If they made a game as big as San Andreas, it's gonna be amazing.

Comment

^ this, and i want vice city! i miss the 80s, my movie library is filled with 80s, my iphone music is filled with 80s i love that decade! and i still watch miami vice thats nostalgic but i would love for them to bring this back it does not have to be 80s but like a 2011 vice city . Neways back on track, this will be amazing, in addition i heard, maybe its a rumor, but i heard this will be the last in the franchise?

Comment

Working...
      X