No announcement yet.

Unconfirmed Reports of Battlefield 3 Release Coming Today Instead of the 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unconfirmed Reports of Battlefield 3 Release Coming Today Instead of the 25th

Seems as though a number of people who have purchased Battlefield 3 through Origin are starting to receive emails alerting them that the release date has been pushed up from the 25th to the 24th.

Thank you for ordering on Origin. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on October 24, 2011.

----------------------------------------

Dear -,

Thank you for ordering on Origin. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on October 24, 2011.

Your Order
    Order Number: xxxx
    Order Date: September 27, 2011
    Product ID: xxxx
    Product Name: Battlefield 3™ Pre-order Promotion - Physical Warfare Pack

These come from users on Shacknews who have reported getting these emails just minutes ago. Also of note is the fact that the Battlelog went down at about the same time. Looks like you'll all be enjoying Battlefield 3 earlier than expected and without having to use a proxy!

Re: Unconfirmed Reports of Battlefield 3 Release Coming Today Instead of the 25th

Yep I just got this very same email.

Perhaps it's time to call it a day, go home and see if I can get a little BF3 fix in.

Edit: That's a big negatory Ghost Rider. Got my hopes up for nothing. If it's anything like the pre-load I'll receive six more emails before it's finally released.

Comment

I pre-ordered mine from gamestop so I could have a hard copy =(
      PSN: Xclusiveitalian
      Steam: Stryker
      Origin: Xclusiveitalian
      Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

No joy, I got the same email but the game fails the release date check on Origin and says Tuesday the 25th at 03:00.

Comment

Re: Unconfirmed Reports of Battlefield 3 Release Coming Today Instead of the 25th

I got the email but can't play the game. Just does it's date check then tells me Tuesday at 4. Hopefully later

Comment

Browsed around and got some info. - Release date has not changed. - Battlelog is now up again so the forums and stuff are all there. If you attempt to launch the game from the battlelog you get to the 'release date checker' anyway. - People are playing right now using VPN (what does that stand for? Virtual private network?) and basically tricking the internet into think they're from Asia. "Legal but not recommended" says someone who has done it. I'm assuming that means it's laggy. Be patient. Release date's only a few hours away anyway.

Comment

it's gonna happen in a few hours right?
              midnight PST. right?

Comment

It was originally set for midnight PST and therefore 3AM eastern. I am however attempting to release date check now and am getting 00:00 which would be midnight eastern.

Comment

my release date check says 21:00 today (9pm). I'm in AZ (PST). I am 3 hours from eastern.

Comment

12:01 am and it looks like it's released! See you guys later, off to go play.

Comment

Originally posted by Thortok2000
                      Browsed around and got some info. - Release date has not changed. - Battlelog is now up again so the forums and stuff are all there. If you attempt to launch the game from the battlelog you get to the 'release date checker' anyway. - People are playing right now using VPN (what does that stand for? Virtual private network?) and basically tricking the internet into think they're from Asia. "Legal but not recommended" says someone who has done it. I'm assuming that means it's laggy. Be patient. Release date's only a few hours away anyway.
                      You dont need the VPN to play after you unlokekd the gme, so any lag is "true" lag.

Comment

Well my BF3 unlocked; and servers are ungodly lagging; going to try it in a couple days; figured this would happen. Feels a lot like what the beta was; not that impressed yet. SP is mildly fun.

Comment

Exactly. There is no need for the rush.Am I really the only one who is indifferent as to whether I get to play on the 25th or the 27th?Why go to all these lenghts to get to play a day early?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator8
                            Exactly. There is no need for the rush.Am I really the only one who is indifferent as to whether I get to play on the 25th or the 27th?Why go to all these lenghts to get to play a day early?
                            No rush as such, but I was bored and the game was easy to activate, so why not?
                            And for me it meant that I got to play it Monday instead of Friday, since it releases Thursday where I don't expect to have much free time.

Comment

Street date got broken here in Australia and i got it early

Comment

Working...
                              X